NEW YORK (AP) — President Barack Obama and Republican Mitt Romney are set to address a major gathering of world leaders in government, business and other fields held annually by Bill Clinton.
The former president announced Monday that Obama and Romney would participate in the annual meeting of the Clinton Global Initiative on Sept. 25 in New York.
Romney is scheduled to lead a panel looking at ways to redesign the global food production system. Obama is set to address a session later that day looking at how banks and other financial institutions can help the world's poor.
Clinton supports Obama's re-election bid and gave a rousing speech at the Democratic convention last week that criticized Romney. The former president said he was "grateful" that both Romney and Obama will participate in the meeting.
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby...
- Train with plane crash bodies leaves rebel town
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard to...
- BYU-Idaho, Rexburg experience flooding after...
- Survey: Public 'warm' to Jews, Catholics and...
- Dutch tell rebels: Train full of bodies must...
- To encourage saving, some states turn to prizes
- Obama will sign order barring gay,...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 43
- Obama will sign order barring gay,... 23
- Tea party groups' suit against IRS... 20
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard... 20
- US appeals court tosses Oklahoma gay... 17
- Ukraine: 295 on Malaysia plane shot... 14
- Unaccompanied children from Central... 12
- Liberals swoon for Elizabeth Warren,... 9