Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
These past few weeks I have watched both the Republican and Democratic National Conventions. In both I have heard supporters chanting "U.S.A." This simply confuses me.
Both parties seem to be living in their own countries. There is an enormous divide. Can we not have one? Can we not get along? Worse, still, is the fact that President Barrack Obama received cheers for declaring multiple times that he would never let this or this happen, shortly after proclaiming that he wanted a compromise. There will be no compromise. It seems the gap will just keep widening.
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- Letter: Costly benefits
- In our opinion: Disrupted by email and the...
- Letter: Wrong tax approach
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- Jay Evensen: Norm Bangerter was Utah's Harry...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 37
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27