Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
These past few weeks I have watched both the Republican and Democratic National Conventions. In both I have heard supporters chanting "U.S.A." This simply confuses me.
Both parties seem to be living in their own countries. There is an enormous divide. Can we not have one? Can we not get along? Worse, still, is the fact that President Barrack Obama received cheers for declaring multiple times that he would never let this or this happen, shortly after proclaiming that he wanted a compromise. There will be no compromise. It seems the gap will just keep widening.
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Jay's Jokes: Trump's true identity is Batman
- In our opinion: Utah's unique response to the...
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day
- Ralph Becker: Reaching for the best of the...
- George F. Will: Adding Pence the pliable to...
- My view: Supporting Utah's public education...
- Charles Krauthammer: Notes from Cleveland:...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 44
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 37
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 32
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 30
- Letter: Acting presidential 30
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 28
- My view: Reform coal leasing policies... 22