Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
These past few weeks I have watched both the Republican and Democratic National Conventions. In both I have heard supporters chanting "U.S.A." This simply confuses me.
Both parties seem to be living in their own countries. There is an enormous divide. Can we not have one? Can we not get along? Worse, still, is the fact that President Barrack Obama received cheers for declaring multiple times that he would never let this or this happen, shortly after proclaiming that he wanted a compromise. There will be no compromise. It seems the gap will just keep widening.
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Letter: Wood burning an easy target
- Letter: Bring the prison here
- Kathleen Parker: Placing blame for massive...
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 44
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 42
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Paul Mero: Reasonable solution to... 30
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 28