Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
These past few weeks I have watched both the Republican and Democratic National Conventions. In both I have heard supporters chanting "U.S.A." This simply confuses me.
Both parties seem to be living in their own countries. There is an enormous divide. Can we not have one? Can we not get along? Worse, still, is the fact that President Barrack Obama received cheers for declaring multiple times that he would never let this or this happen, shortly after proclaiming that he wanted a compromise. There will be no compromise. It seems the gap will just keep widening.
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift...
- My view: Drafting women a threat to religious...
- Richard Davis: What will Americans sacrifice...
- Derek B. Miller: It's my party and I'll decry...
- In our opinion: Politics and ISIS
- Jay Evensen: The IOC demonstrates again why...
- Letter: Cruz took a stand
- Letter: Acting presidential
- Letter: Guns in America 60
- In our opinion: Planned Parenthood... 49
- Richard Davis: What will Americans... 47
- In our opinion: Despite alarming shift... 34
- Letter: Acting presidential 31
- Letter: Cruz took a stand 30
- Dan Liljenquist: Presidential politics... 30
- My view: What message does Melania's... 28