Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
These past few weeks I have watched both the Republican and Democratic National Conventions. In both I have heard supporters chanting "U.S.A." This simply confuses me.
Both parties seem to be living in their own countries. There is an enormous divide. Can we not have one? Can we not get along? Worse, still, is the fact that President Barrack Obama received cheers for declaring multiple times that he would never let this or this happen, shortly after proclaiming that he wanted a compromise. There will be no compromise. It seems the gap will just keep widening.
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Letters: Move to the center
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- In our opinion: Susan Cox Powell's case is...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Timothy R. Clark: Real job creation requires...
- Search for extraterrestrial life goes on,...
- Comprehensive immigration reform or bust
- Letters: No welfare, ever 73
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Letters: Move to the center 31
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 31
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 27
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 26
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 18