Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
These past few weeks I have watched both the Republican and Democratic National Conventions. In both I have heard supporters chanting "U.S.A." This simply confuses me.
Both parties seem to be living in their own countries. There is an enormous divide. Can we not have one? Can we not get along? Worse, still, is the fact that President Barrack Obama received cheers for declaring multiple times that he would never let this or this happen, shortly after proclaiming that he wanted a compromise. There will be no compromise. It seems the gap will just keep widening.
- In our opinion: Tragedy in Aleppo should...
- My view: Waste, fraud in education hammering...
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the bathroom
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics and...
- Letter: Where's the action?
- Letter: BYU in a conference?
- Jay Evensen: Utah's election is clear as mud
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter moment:...
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 72
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 45
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 23
- In our opinion: Not all economic... 20
- Letter: Trump's delegate count 20
- Letter: Where's the action? 17