Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
These past few weeks I have watched both the Republican and Democratic National Conventions. In both I have heard supporters chanting "U.S.A." This simply confuses me.
Both parties seem to be living in their own countries. There is an enormous divide. Can we not have one? Can we not get along? Worse, still, is the fact that President Barrack Obama received cheers for declaring multiple times that he would never let this or this happen, shortly after proclaiming that he wanted a compromise. There will be no compromise. It seems the gap will just keep widening.
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- 10 things you never knew about the FBI
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Robert Bennett: Hamas and its financial...
- In our opinion: The long-term outlook for...
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 81
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 70
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 48
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 40
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 33