Jae C. Hong, Associated Press
These past few weeks I have watched both the Republican and Democratic National Conventions. In both I have heard supporters chanting "U.S.A." This simply confuses me.
Both parties seem to be living in their own countries. There is an enormous divide. Can we not have one? Can we not get along? Worse, still, is the fact that President Barrack Obama received cheers for declaring multiple times that he would never let this or this happen, shortly after proclaiming that he wanted a compromise. There will be no compromise. It seems the gap will just keep widening.
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- John Florez: Audit reveals politicians'...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- In our opinion: 'Lost Boy of Sudan' shows how...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Letter: More informed decisions
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 77
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 37
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 30
- Letter: Give her time 26
- In our opinion: Overcome 'election... 24
- In our opinion: Charitable awareness... 23