He also noted that the facility will help the college move into the future and serve a growing number of students.
Utah Lt. Gov. Greg Bell said naming a building after a person keeps the values alive the person cherishes. "We name buildings for people, I think, not enough," he said. "Today we are naming a building for a man because of his personality, his life and his values."
At a glance
Construction: 15 months
Cost: $38 million
Square feet: 170,000
Departments: library, information technology, students services, business services
26 group study rooms and 6 classrooms
40 percent glass exterior
179 miles of electrical wiring used in the building
5,482.25 yards of concrete
Exterior: Kanab stone from a stone quarry east of Kanab
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say...
- Deputy's suicide prompted Tooele school...
- Challenge to Utah's same-sex marriage ban
- Roof, tower for Provo City Center Temple add...
- Utah too dependent on federal dollars, state...
- Trail of nightmare abuse outlined in charges...
- Utah Jazz players, dancers, Bear visit...
- Hearing against man accused of murdering...
- Challenge to Utah's same-sex marriage ban 72
- Josh Romney first on scene of crash,... 59
- Should parents pay extra for... 45
- Utah A.G. John Swallow: 'No way to... 25
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 20
- Candidates seeking to replace Swallow... 19
- 'Little Bulldog' will take a break; the... 18
- In our opinion: Pioneer Park progress... 15