He also noted that the facility will help the college move into the future and serve a growing number of students.
Utah Lt. Gov. Greg Bell said naming a building after a person keeps the values alive the person cherishes. "We name buildings for people, I think, not enough," he said. "Today we are naming a building for a man because of his personality, his life and his values."
At a glance
Construction: 15 months
Cost: $38 million
Square feet: 170,000
Departments: library, information technology, students services, business services
26 group study rooms and 6 classrooms
40 percent glass exterior
179 miles of electrical wiring used in the building
5,482.25 yards of concrete
Exterior: Kanab stone from a stone quarry east of Kanab
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- As winter takes hold, needs increase for...
- Martin MacNeill cuts self with razor in...
- Families face uncertainty, unite in prayer as...
- Orem man accused of killing wife threatened...
- Police officer suicide needs to be addressed,...
- System failure to blame for delayed Saturday...
- Snow wreaks havoc across state, curbs travel...
- Utah judge could be first to rule on... 110
- Federal website fixes allowing more... 44
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 39
- Tea Party Express endorses Sen. Mike... 27
- Seeing is believing: Doctor, family say... 26
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 26
- As winter takes hold, needs increase... 25
- Gov. Gary Herbert unveils $13.3 billion... 18