He also noted that the facility will help the college move into the future and serve a growing number of students.
Utah Lt. Gov. Greg Bell said naming a building after a person keeps the values alive the person cherishes. "We name buildings for people, I think, not enough," he said. "Today we are naming a building for a man because of his personality, his life and his values."
At a glance
Construction: 15 months
Cost: $38 million
Square feet: 170,000
Departments: library, information technology, students services, business services
26 group study rooms and 6 classrooms
40 percent glass exterior
179 miles of electrical wiring used in the building
5,482.25 yards of concrete
Exterior: Kanab stone from a stone quarry east of Kanab
- Man admits raping, killing young Ogden girl...
- 2-year-old boy dies from accidental shooting...
- Crowds to flock to Salt Lake City this weekend
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed; police...
- Salt Lake City Marathon comes with many...
- 'Star Trek: The Next Generation' cast...
- Salt Lake City's inversion problem could mean...
- Salt Lake Marathon changes owners, course and...
- LDS Church reaffirms stance on immigration 106
- Atheists, Mormon scholars talk religion 89
- At UVU, Elder Oaks sees hope despite... 77
- Utah, Oklahoma same-sex marriage cases... 47
- U., Ute Tribe reach agreement on... 38
- Appeals judges question right to sue in... 27
- Autopsies of 7 infants completed;... 23
- Texas seizes FLDS Church's secluded ranch 21