He also noted that the facility will help the college move into the future and serve a growing number of students.
Utah Lt. Gov. Greg Bell said naming a building after a person keeps the values alive the person cherishes. "We name buildings for people, I think, not enough," he said. "Today we are naming a building for a man because of his personality, his life and his values."
At a glance
Construction: 15 months
Cost: $38 million
Square feet: 170,000
Departments: library, information technology, students services, business services
26 group study rooms and 6 classrooms
40 percent glass exterior
179 miles of electrical wiring used in the building
5,482.25 yards of concrete
Exterior: Kanab stone from a stone quarry east of Kanab
- Lehi airman pulls off 'Operation Surprise'...
- Judge: Biological father will share custody...
- The story of a fish, a river and what's ahead...
- Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit offers chance to...
- 'Pay the price or go dark': Going digital a...
- Family of BYU student hit by car say they are...
- Senate committee snuffs out e-cigarettes...
- Trial set for man accused of starting...
- Advocates rally and 'roar' for... 54
- National, local businesses file briefs... 52
- Family of BYU student hit by car say... 40
- Utah Democrats offer full Medicaid... 32
- Attempt to raise minimum wage in Utah... 30
- Gov. Herbert threatens veto of House... 29
- Chase with alleged shoplifters ends in... 17
- Prison relocation resolution passes House 17