In a recent conversation I had with a friend, he told me something startling. It wasn't the content that was startling as much as the fact that so many people agree with what he said. It was: "Sure not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslim."
A report made by the FBI from 1980-2005 stated that only 6 percent of terrorist attacks in the United States were performed by Muslims. So why do we think all terrorists are Muslim? Ask yourself. Do you have a Muslim friend? Is the only Muslim you know the guy on TV shouting death to America?
Having lived in the Middle East I can attest that most of the Muslims are as scared as we are of this less than 1 percent minority. Many things we hold dear, like family and charity are equally important to Muslims. While I lived in the Middle East, strangers would feed me and others would openly cry when I said I was away from family for five months. Muslims also give 2.5 percent of their earnings to charity as a part of their beliefs.
The Muslim people are good people we can learn from. Hate will only create more extremists.
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA fool you...
- In our opinion: After change to state pension...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA
- Letter: Methane benefits
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood scandal...
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to end...
- In our opinion: Time to phase out federal...
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument in...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 71
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 62
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Teacher pay one way to... 45
- Richard Davis: Planned Parenthood... 38
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 22