In a recent conversation I had with a friend, he told me something startling. It wasn't the content that was startling as much as the fact that so many people agree with what he said. It was: "Sure not all Muslims are terrorists, but all terrorists are Muslim."
A report made by the FBI from 1980-2005 stated that only 6 percent of terrorist attacks in the United States were performed by Muslims. So why do we think all terrorists are Muslim? Ask yourself. Do you have a Muslim friend? Is the only Muslim you know the guy on TV shouting death to America?
Having lived in the Middle East I can attest that most of the Muslims are as scared as we are of this less than 1 percent minority. Many things we hold dear, like family and charity are equally important to Muslims. While I lived in the Middle East, strangers would feed me and others would openly cry when I said I was away from family for five months. Muslims also give 2.5 percent of their earnings to charity as a part of their beliefs.
The Muslim people are good people we can learn from. Hate will only create more extremists.
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas tax?...
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Letter: Wood burning an easy target
- Letter: Bring the prison here
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 44
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 43
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Paul Mero: Reasonable solution to... 30
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 29