As I listened to Bill Clinton speaking Wednesday at the Democratic National Convention, I was impressed at his brilliance as a politician and his talent as a public speaker. I don't know, however, if he was successful in his defense of President Barrack Obama. He spent about 50 minutes describing how Obama had failed because of the Republicans and therefore slow progress had been made and that he deserved another four years in office.
That was my take on the speech. It must have been tough as he looked into the cameras and tried to persuade the American people to believe that we needed to give Obama more time. As he spoke and waved his finger to emphasize his points, it was reminiscent of times past as he defended himself of charges of inappropriate behavior. It was those evil Republicans again.
Just like "the dog ate my homework," all the excuses in the world will not change the fact that Obama has failed and offers no new solutions. In the words of my wise mother, "You can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear."
- Greg Bell: Too many steering wheels in Utah's...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the result...
- In our opinion: Inconsistency in school test...
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Letter: Buy American