Utah Jazz: Michael Sanders promoted to assistant coach; Brad Jones hired as assistant coach/player development
Lowe is a two-time NBA head coach and college coach. Sanders has been an assistant with three other teams in the league. Hornacek excelled in the league for 14 seasons and has been coaching with the Jazz in some capacity since 2007. And Jones has experience developing up-and-coming talent in the D-League.
"We're in good shape right now. I'm happy with the guys we have on staff. These guys have done a good job for us," Corbin said. "Brad will be an addition for us. He's going to be good for us. We're in a good place in my opinion. If there's an opportunity to add a piece (to the staff) down the road, we'll explore it."
In the meantime, Corbin will continue to prepare for his first full training camp and first 82 game season of his NBA head-coaching career.
"We're anxious to get started to see where we are individually and then we have to build a team again," Corbin said, noting the additions of veterans Mo Williams, Marvin Williams and Randy Foye.
"There are a lot of questions still around," he added. "We have to build a team again, and that's going to be working every day from Day 1 to understand who we are and how we have to work together to be an effective team on the floor."
- Commentary: Long-term success in independence...
- BYU basketball: Cougars face No. 21 UMass in...
- 2014 NBA draft tracker: An ongoing look at...
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom Hill,...
- Cougars in the pros: Austin Collie re-signs...
- Utah Jazz: Rip City, all right...
- Utah State football: Immovable Aggies face...
- Utah Jazz: Banner day coming for Jerry Sloan
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes come up... 101
- College football re-rankings: Where do... 60
- Unbeaten Utes hit the road for the... 58
- Dick Harmon: Are we spending too much... 57
- Sources: Former BYU quarterback Steve... 53
- Commentary: Long-term success in... 48
- BYU basketball: 3 players record... 47
- Dick Harmon: USC taps BYU experience... 46