Sarah A. Miller, Deseret News
Our take: Conservative talk show host and Mormon Glenn Beck will be devoting his Thursday show to answering questions about Mormonism. McKay Coppins of Buzzfeed talked to Beck about the show.
Conservative broadcaster Glenn Beck is devoting his entire show Thursday on his online TV network to answering questions on a topic he almost never talks about: his Mormon faith.
In an e-mail exchange with BuzzFeed, Beck said he typically avoids talking about the religion he converted to in 1999, in part, because he's "not a spokesperson for the church by any means."
"But it's also because a candidate's faith shouldn't be the determining factor in who you vote for," he added. "I didn't want to do this show for a long time because policy, not religion, should be the focus."
He ultimately decided to take on the issue after growing frustrated with the "intentional vilification and political grandstanding" he sees being aimed at his faith, and the attention being given to "jaded ex-members brought on as experts to speak about what they never truly understood."
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the Nephites
- Two apostles visit Northern South America,...
- No more excuses: Mormon dad designs home...
- New DVD tells story of David Archuleta's...
- Young performing LDS missionary shares...
- Famous Mormons featured in new BYU commercial
- Mormon neighbors help Catholic nuns with...
- How to get 'Meet the Mormons' in theaters...
- Ask Angela: Fiancee struggles with... 49
- Defending the Faith: Columbus among the... 41
- New DVD tells story of David... 10
- New Harmony: Viewing the penmanship of... 9
- New Utah rabbi hopes to 'perfect the... 6
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies... 5
- 5 unusual places of worship 5
- 10 religious leaders you may not know... 5