Sarah A. Miller, Deseret News
Our take: Conservative talk show host and Mormon Glenn Beck will be devoting his Thursday show to answering questions about Mormonism. McKay Coppins of Buzzfeed talked to Beck about the show.
Conservative broadcaster Glenn Beck is devoting his entire show Thursday on his online TV network to answering questions on a topic he almost never talks about: his Mormon faith.
In an e-mail exchange with BuzzFeed, Beck said he typically avoids talking about the religion he converted to in 1999, in part, because he's "not a spokesperson for the church by any means."
"But it's also because a candidate's faith shouldn't be the determining factor in who you vote for," he added. "I didn't want to do this show for a long time because policy, not religion, should be the focus."
He ultimately decided to take on the issue after growing frustrated with the "intentional vilification and political grandstanding" he sees being aimed at his faith, and the attention being given to "jaded ex-members brought on as experts to speak about what they never truly understood."
- Elders Rasband, Stevenson, Renlund sustained...
- Unique LDS temple, high-rise apartment...
- 3 new LDS apostles will be 98th, 99th, 100th...
- 3 new apostles to be called during LDS...
- 185th Semiannual General Conference talk...
- How to attend, watch or listen to October...
- President Dieter F. Uchtdorf: 'It works!'
- The sacred call of an apostle
- Defending the Faith: Did Joseph Smith... 35
- Unique LDS family doctrine still drives... 31
- 3 new LDS apostles will be 98th, 99th,... 25
- Clerk jailed over gay marriage says... 24
- Woman said she felt protected in ordeal... 19
- Unique LDS temple, high-rise apartment... 15
- Church History Museum reopens after... 13
- Pope meeting with Kim Davis sparks... 13