Sarah A. Miller, Deseret News
Our take: Conservative talk show host and Mormon Glenn Beck will be devoting his Thursday show to answering questions about Mormonism. McKay Coppins of Buzzfeed talked to Beck about the show.
Conservative broadcaster Glenn Beck is devoting his entire show Thursday on his online TV network to answering questions on a topic he almost never talks about: his Mormon faith.
In an e-mail exchange with BuzzFeed, Beck said he typically avoids talking about the religion he converted to in 1999, in part, because he's "not a spokesperson for the church by any means."
"But it's also because a candidate's faith shouldn't be the determining factor in who you vote for," he added. "I didn't want to do this show for a long time because policy, not religion, should be the focus."
He ultimately decided to take on the issue after growing frustrated with the "intentional vilification and political grandstanding" he sees being aimed at his faith, and the attention being given to "jaded ex-members brought on as experts to speak about what they never truly understood."
- Pope Francis: The world's at war, but not a...
- Pope visits Auschwitz in silence, meets...
- Pope urges clergy to go into the world, tend...
- Pioneer Day sunrise service: 'A legacy of faith'
- Days of '47 Parade: 'Pioneers: Inspiring...
- Twila Van Leer: Wow! I'm part of history, too
- Wright Words: What I learned on a trail near...
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the...
- Is Bernie Sanders an atheist? 45
- Democrats and Republicans double-down... 34
- 'Duck Dynasty' star: Media,... 26
- 5 prayers to God that were just uttered... 22
- Defending the Faith: The 18th annual... 20
- Can Hillary Clinton finally close the... 17
- The Clean Cut: New BYU football video... 15
- Great quote, Tim Kaine, but John Wesley... 12