Sarah A. Miller, Deseret News
Our take: Conservative talk show host and Mormon Glenn Beck will be devoting his Thursday show to answering questions about Mormonism. McKay Coppins of Buzzfeed talked to Beck about the show.
Conservative broadcaster Glenn Beck is devoting his entire show Thursday on his online TV network to answering questions on a topic he almost never talks about: his Mormon faith.
In an e-mail exchange with BuzzFeed, Beck said he typically avoids talking about the religion he converted to in 1999, in part, because he's "not a spokesperson for the church by any means."
"But it's also because a candidate's faith shouldn't be the determining factor in who you vote for," he added. "I didn't want to do this show for a long time because policy, not religion, should be the focus."
He ultimately decided to take on the issue after growing frustrated with the "intentional vilification and political grandstanding" he sees being aimed at his faith, and the attention being given to "jaded ex-members brought on as experts to speak about what they never truly understood."
- LDS siblings receive mission calls to Sao...
- Elder Perry's 'wildfire' cancer shocked...
- LDS missionaries leave Burundi
- Photos: A photographic look at Elder L. Tom...
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir announces...
- Elder L. Tom Perry's funeral planned for Friday
- Elder Perry the sports fan
- 21 uplifting quotes from Elder L. Tom Perry
- Possible Boy Scout gay leadership... 79
- Lindsey Stirling's father responds to... 46
- An ex-Marine is fighting for her right... 44
- Michelle Llewellyn: How can I defend... 40
- Is your financial house in order? 10... 29
- Elder L. Tom Perry — an... 22
- The First Church of Cannabis claims... 22
- Why more young women are leaving church 21