LONDON — For sale: used sports car, one debonair but dangerous owner.
An Aston Martin V12 DBS coupe which featured in the James Bond film "Quantum of Solace" is the top attraction at a charity auction marking the 50th anniversary of "Dr. No," the first 007 film, Christie's auctioneers said Thursday.
The car, a black 2008 model, is expected to sell for at least 100,000 pounds ($160,000) at an invitation-only auction on Oct. 5. Proceeds will benefit Barnardo's, a British children's charity.
Nine other items, including sunglasses worn by Daniel Craig in "Quantum of Solace," will also be offered Oct. 5 in support of other charities.
Christie's said 40 items will be offered through an online auction from Sept. 28 to Oct. 8 to benefit UNICEF.
Many of the items were donated by EON Productions, producer of the "official" Bond films, and there were also donations from Timothy Dalton, Aston Martin and the family of the late Ian Fleming, the creator of James Bond.
The Aston Martin DBS is one of seven used in filming "Quantum of Solace." Aston Martin has been a favorite in the Bond films, first appearing in "Goldfinger" in 1964 and then in eight other films, according to Christie's.
Other items in the Oct. 5 sale include special editions of all of the Bond books by Ian Fleming, estimated to sell at least for 10,000 pounds; an Omega "Planet Ocean" watch worn by Craig in the yet to be released "Skyfall" (6,000 pounds); and the blue swimming trunks worn by Craig in "Casino Royale" (3,000 pounds).
The online sale includes a silk wrap dress worn by Halle Berry in "Die Another Day" (2,000 pounds); a pre-production replica of a BMW Z28 roadster from "The World Is Not Enough" (25,000 pounds); a clapperboard and director's chair from "Golden Eye" (800 pounds); a model of the space shuttle from "Moonraker" (8,000 pounds); a belt with a gold bullet buckle worn by Christopher Lee in "The Man with the Golden Gun" (1,000 pounds); and a first edition of "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" autographed by Ian Fleming (4,000 pounds).
- Georgia girl struck by plane on Florida beach...
- The Great War: 100 photos marking 100 years...
- Trial begins for Salt Lake attorney seeking...
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- NCAA settles head injury suit, will change rules
- Ground Zero cross can stay at 9/11 museum,...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all lovers
- Navajo Generating Station, West's largest...
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 43
- Federal land managers criticized over... 26
- Feds cap fines for not buying health... 22
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- After government topples crosses in... 19
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 15
- Gaza sides agree to lull but truce... 13
- Sarah Palin launches online... 10