LONDON — For sale: used sports car, one debonair but dangerous owner.
An Aston Martin V12 DBS coupe which featured in the James Bond film "Quantum of Solace" is the top attraction at a charity auction marking the 50th anniversary of "Dr. No," the first 007 film, Christie's auctioneers said Thursday.
The car, a black 2008 model, is expected to sell for at least 100,000 pounds ($160,000) at an invitation-only auction on Oct. 5. Proceeds will benefit Barnardo's, a British children's charity.
Nine other items, including sunglasses worn by Daniel Craig in "Quantum of Solace," will also be offered Oct. 5 in support of other charities.
Christie's said 40 items will be offered through an online auction from Sept. 28 to Oct. 8 to benefit UNICEF.
Many of the items were donated by EON Productions, producer of the "official" Bond films, and there were also donations from Timothy Dalton, Aston Martin and the family of the late Ian Fleming, the creator of James Bond.
The Aston Martin DBS is one of seven used in filming "Quantum of Solace." Aston Martin has been a favorite in the Bond films, first appearing in "Goldfinger" in 1964 and then in eight other films, according to Christie's.
Other items in the Oct. 5 sale include special editions of all of the Bond books by Ian Fleming, estimated to sell at least for 10,000 pounds; an Omega "Planet Ocean" watch worn by Craig in the yet to be released "Skyfall" (6,000 pounds); and the blue swimming trunks worn by Craig in "Casino Royale" (3,000 pounds).
The online sale includes a silk wrap dress worn by Halle Berry in "Die Another Day" (2,000 pounds); a pre-production replica of a BMW Z28 roadster from "The World Is Not Enough" (25,000 pounds); a clapperboard and director's chair from "Golden Eye" (800 pounds); a model of the space shuttle from "Moonraker" (8,000 pounds); a belt with a gold bullet buckle worn by Christopher Lee in "The Man with the Golden Gun" (1,000 pounds); and a first edition of "On Her Majesty's Secret Service" autographed by Ian Fleming (4,000 pounds).
- From 0.3 to 81.1: What percentage of each...
- Oil slicks found in hunt for Malaysia jet...
- 2 on missing Malaysia jet used stolen EU...
- Rutgers faculty council pushes for school to...
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- Survey: Cost a growing factor in college...
- Half of millennials more likely to lean...
- Early auditions for 2016 Republican...
- No longer loyal to Boy Scouts of... 52
- Obama administration allows 2-year... 28
- Putin: Russia has right to use force in... 21
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in... 21
- Half of millennials more likely to lean... 14
- Obama appeals to Democrats in 2015... 12
- Former IRS official Lois Lerner again... 11
- Ukrainian software professionals... 10