Is it just me or does anyone else take issue with our president travelling the country over; spending literally millions of taxpayer dollars campaigning and fund-raising for his re-election; and not doing his job?
I am paying him to run the country and be the president — not the "Campaigner-in-Chief."
There is something seriously wrong when we allow this.
Who else can take literally months off from their job to pursue private/personal initiatives and not get fired?
Even if much of the money is coming from campaign donations, it is wrong, and I think Congress should put a stop to this nonsense.
Let him do it on his own time with his own money.
Captain Jim Green
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Letters: Move to the center
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Susan Cox Powell's case is...
- Timothy R. Clark: Real job creation requires...
- Letters: Disaster vs. disease
- Comprehensive immigration reform or bust
- Letters: No welfare, ever 73
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Letters: Move to the center 31
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 31
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 27
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 26
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 18