Charles Dharapak, Associated Press
3 p.m.-4 p.m. MDT (approx.)
Call to Order: The Honorable Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Chair of the Democratic National Committee, Member of the US House of Representatives, Florida
Invocation: His Eminence Metropolitan Nicholas, Bishop of the Greek Orthodox Diocese of Detroit
Presentation of Colors: Disabled American Veterans, The Stanly County Chapter 12 Honor Guard
Pledge of Allegiance: 3rd Grade Class, W.R. O'Dell Elementary School, Concord, N.C.
National Anthem: Amber Riley, Singer/songwriter and 'Glee' actress
Remarks: Stephen J. Kerrigan, Chief Executive Officer of the Democratic National Convention Committee
Presentation of Credentials Committee Report from Co-Chairs: Bishop Vashti McKenzie, first woman elected as bishop of the African Methodist Episcopal Church; The Honorable Julian Castro, Mayor of San Antonio, Texas
Presentation of Rules Committee Report from Co-Chairs: The Honorable Kamala D. Harris, State Attorney General of California; The Honorable Martin O'Malley, Governor of Maryland
Appointment of Convention Officers
Gaveling-in of Permanent Chair: The Honorable Antonio R. Villaraigosa, Chair of the 2012 Democratic National Convention Committee, Mayor of Los Angeles, California
Remarks: The Honorable Steny Hoyer, Parliamentarian of the 2012 Democratic National Committee Convention, Democratic Whip and Member of the US House of Representatives, Maryland; Andrew Tobias, Treasurer of the Democratic National Committee; Alice Germond, Secretary of the Democratic National Committee
4 p.m.-5 p.m. MDT
Roll Call for Attendance
Platform Committee Remarks: The Honorable Barbara Lee, Member of the US House of Representatives, California; Lieutenant General Claudia Kennedy (Retired), first woman to reach rank of three-star general in the US Army
Platform Video and Remarks: The Honorable Cory A. Booker, Mayor of Newark, New Jersey
Remarks: The Honorable Bev Perdue, Governor of North Carolina
American Hero Video: Education
American Voices Remarks: Ryan Case
Remarks: Mary Kay Henry, International President of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
Remarks from Members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus: The Honorable Charles Gonzalez, Member of the US House of Representatives, Texas, Chair of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus; The Honorable Nydia M. Velazquez, Member of the US House of Representatives, New York
Remarks: The Honorable Pat Quinn, Governor of Illinois
Remarks: Doug Stern, Cincinnati, Ohio Firefighter
Remarks: The Honorable Tim Kaine, Candidate for the US Senate, Virginia, Former Governor of Virginia, Former Chairman of the Democratic National Committee
5 p.m.-6 p.m. MDT
Remarks: The Honorable Anthony R. Foxx, Mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina; The Honorable Harry Reid, Democratic Majority Leader and Member of the US Senate, Nevada
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Romney casts Arkansas race as way to fight Obama
- US diplomats barred from ice bucket challenge
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S....
- Twitter tries to block images of James Foley...
- A tough label to chew on: What does...
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban...
- Israeli airstrike kills 3 senior Hamas leaders
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 107
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Obama heading back to DC in rare... 21
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Emerging solar plants scorch birds in... 14