Charles Dharapak, Associated Press
3 p.m.-4 p.m. MDT (approx.)
Call to Order: The Honorable Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Chair of the Democratic National Committee, Member of the US House of Representatives, Florida
Invocation: His Eminence Metropolitan Nicholas, Bishop of the Greek Orthodox Diocese of Detroit
Presentation of Colors: Disabled American Veterans, The Stanly County Chapter 12 Honor Guard
Pledge of Allegiance: 3rd Grade Class, W.R. O'Dell Elementary School, Concord, N.C.
National Anthem: Amber Riley, Singer/songwriter and 'Glee' actress
Remarks: Stephen J. Kerrigan, Chief Executive Officer of the Democratic National Convention Committee
Presentation of Credentials Committee Report from Co-Chairs: Bishop Vashti McKenzie, first woman elected as bishop of the African Methodist Episcopal Church; The Honorable Julian Castro, Mayor of San Antonio, Texas
Presentation of Rules Committee Report from Co-Chairs: The Honorable Kamala D. Harris, State Attorney General of California; The Honorable Martin O'Malley, Governor of Maryland
Appointment of Convention Officers
Gaveling-in of Permanent Chair: The Honorable Antonio R. Villaraigosa, Chair of the 2012 Democratic National Convention Committee, Mayor of Los Angeles, California
Remarks: The Honorable Steny Hoyer, Parliamentarian of the 2012 Democratic National Committee Convention, Democratic Whip and Member of the US House of Representatives, Maryland; Andrew Tobias, Treasurer of the Democratic National Committee; Alice Germond, Secretary of the Democratic National Committee
4 p.m.-5 p.m. MDT
Roll Call for Attendance
Platform Committee Remarks: The Honorable Barbara Lee, Member of the US House of Representatives, California; Lieutenant General Claudia Kennedy (Retired), first woman to reach rank of three-star general in the US Army
Platform Video and Remarks: The Honorable Cory A. Booker, Mayor of Newark, New Jersey
Remarks: The Honorable Bev Perdue, Governor of North Carolina
American Hero Video: Education
American Voices Remarks: Ryan Case
Remarks: Mary Kay Henry, International President of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
Remarks from Members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus: The Honorable Charles Gonzalez, Member of the US House of Representatives, Texas, Chair of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus; The Honorable Nydia M. Velazquez, Member of the US House of Representatives, New York
Remarks: The Honorable Pat Quinn, Governor of Illinois
Remarks: Doug Stern, Cincinnati, Ohio Firefighter
Remarks: The Honorable Tim Kaine, Candidate for the US Senate, Virginia, Former Governor of Virginia, Former Chairman of the Democratic National Committee
5 p.m.-6 p.m. MDT
Remarks: The Honorable Anthony R. Foxx, Mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina; The Honorable Harry Reid, Democratic Majority Leader and Member of the US Senate, Nevada
- Religious groups react to Boy Scouts’...
- Which U.S. cities are the best for upward...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting program...
- Treasury Secretary gets more than 1 million...
- George Washington University joins other...
- With Boston out, another Salt Lake Olympics...
- Man accused in lion death says he thought...
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy Scout...
- LDS Church 're-evaluating' Scouting... 101
- Boy Scout board approves end to blanket... 71
- Religious groups react to Boy... 70
- Are lawsuits ahead for church-based Boy... 30
- 2016 Republicans use Trump, TV to make... 26
- Oklahoma Supreme Court: Ten... 26
- Obama: Republican criticism of Iran... 25
- Covered California: Cost of health care... 16