Charles Dharapak, Associated Press
3 p.m.-4 p.m. MDT (approx.)
Call to Order: The Honorable Debbie Wasserman Schultz, Chair of the Democratic National Committee, Member of the US House of Representatives, Florida
Invocation: His Eminence Metropolitan Nicholas, Bishop of the Greek Orthodox Diocese of Detroit
Presentation of Colors: Disabled American Veterans, The Stanly County Chapter 12 Honor Guard
Pledge of Allegiance: 3rd Grade Class, W.R. O'Dell Elementary School, Concord, N.C.
National Anthem: Amber Riley, Singer/songwriter and 'Glee' actress
Remarks: Stephen J. Kerrigan, Chief Executive Officer of the Democratic National Convention Committee
Presentation of Credentials Committee Report from Co-Chairs: Bishop Vashti McKenzie, first woman elected as bishop of the African Methodist Episcopal Church; The Honorable Julian Castro, Mayor of San Antonio, Texas
Presentation of Rules Committee Report from Co-Chairs: The Honorable Kamala D. Harris, State Attorney General of California; The Honorable Martin O'Malley, Governor of Maryland
Appointment of Convention Officers
Gaveling-in of Permanent Chair: The Honorable Antonio R. Villaraigosa, Chair of the 2012 Democratic National Convention Committee, Mayor of Los Angeles, California
Remarks: The Honorable Steny Hoyer, Parliamentarian of the 2012 Democratic National Committee Convention, Democratic Whip and Member of the US House of Representatives, Maryland; Andrew Tobias, Treasurer of the Democratic National Committee; Alice Germond, Secretary of the Democratic National Committee
4 p.m.-5 p.m. MDT
Roll Call for Attendance
Platform Committee Remarks: The Honorable Barbara Lee, Member of the US House of Representatives, California; Lieutenant General Claudia Kennedy (Retired), first woman to reach rank of three-star general in the US Army
Platform Video and Remarks: The Honorable Cory A. Booker, Mayor of Newark, New Jersey
Remarks: The Honorable Bev Perdue, Governor of North Carolina
American Hero Video: Education
American Voices Remarks: Ryan Case
Remarks: Mary Kay Henry, International President of the Service Employees International Union (SEIU)
Remarks from Members of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus: The Honorable Charles Gonzalez, Member of the US House of Representatives, Texas, Chair of the Congressional Hispanic Caucus; The Honorable Nydia M. Velazquez, Member of the US House of Representatives, New York
Remarks: The Honorable Pat Quinn, Governor of Illinois
Remarks: Doug Stern, Cincinnati, Ohio Firefighter
Remarks: The Honorable Tim Kaine, Candidate for the US Senate, Virginia, Former Governor of Virginia, Former Chairman of the Democratic National Committee
5 p.m.-6 p.m. MDT
Remarks: The Honorable Anthony R. Foxx, Mayor of Charlotte, North Carolina; The Honorable Harry Reid, Democratic Majority Leader and Member of the US Senate, Nevada
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters in...
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in shooting
- Ferguson businesses torched in overnight...
- Why Salt Lake City is one of the best cities...
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as Pentagon...
- Reports: Ferguson grand jury has reached...
- In New Zealand, feud over fate of 1902 corpse...
- At least 17 killed in Egypt by building collapse
- President Obama's immigration reforms... 65
- As Ferguson verdict is read, protesters... 58
- Pastors opposed to same-sex marriage... 45
- Obama: Americans want 'new car smell'... 29
- Grand jury won't indict Ferguson cop in... 24
- Fact check: Obama's claims on illegal... 18
- Winners and losers under Obama's... 18
- Under pressure, Hagel steps down as... 15