With so many people concerned about reducing the federal deficit, why is our government spending taxes on research that causes animal suffering and has no benefit for human health?
For years, monkeys, who are highly social animals, were forced to live alone in incredibly small and cramped cages. Throughout their isolation, their food was severely restricted by up to 40 percent. Starving these poor animals holds no relevance for humans and wastes millions every year.
How long will the public tolerate this taxpayer waste and animal cruelty?
The Humane Society of the U.S.
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse tends to...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- In our opinion: Park City's slippery slopes
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do better...
- Letter: Criminalizing marijuana
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 47
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 41
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 34
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 28
- Letter: Teachers' perspective 28