With so many people concerned about reducing the federal deficit, why is our government spending taxes on research that causes animal suffering and has no benefit for human health?
For years, monkeys, who are highly social animals, were forced to live alone in incredibly small and cramped cages. Throughout their isolation, their food was severely restricted by up to 40 percent. Starving these poor animals holds no relevance for humans and wastes millions every year.
How long will the public tolerate this taxpayer waste and animal cruelty?
The Humane Society of the U.S.
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still separate...
- Richard Davis: Don't turn A.G. into an...
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be contained
- About Utah: His business is fun, games and...
- In our opinion: Letting Afghanistan revert to...
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends...
- In our opinion: U.S. schools still... 41
- Robert J. Samuelson: Economics lacks... 40
- Charles Krauthammer: The real problem... 37
- Letter: Preventative care 29
- Robert Bennett: 'Nuclear option' ends... 27
- Kathleen Parker: The GOP's toxic messaging 27
- Letter: Insurance website 21
- Letter: Buying politicians 20