With so many people concerned about reducing the federal deficit, why is our government spending taxes on research that causes animal suffering and has no benefit for human health?
For years, monkeys, who are highly social animals, were forced to live alone in incredibly small and cramped cages. Throughout their isolation, their food was severely restricted by up to 40 percent. Starving these poor animals holds no relevance for humans and wastes millions every year.
How long will the public tolerate this taxpayer waste and animal cruelty?
The Humane Society of the U.S.
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Letters: Move to the center
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- In our opinion: Susan Cox Powell's case is...
- Comprehensive immigration reform or bust
- Search for extraterrestrial life goes on,...
- Letters: No welfare, ever 72
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 32
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- Letters: Move to the center 28
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 24
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21