With so many people concerned about reducing the federal deficit, why is our government spending taxes on research that causes animal suffering and has no benefit for human health?
For years, monkeys, who are highly social animals, were forced to live alone in incredibly small and cramped cages. Throughout their isolation, their food was severely restricted by up to 40 percent. Starving these poor animals holds no relevance for humans and wastes millions every year.
How long will the public tolerate this taxpayer waste and animal cruelty?
The Humane Society of the U.S.
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Letter: Monolingual minorities
- Dan Liljenquist: Being good for goodness sake
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 32
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 30