With so many people concerned about reducing the federal deficit, why is our government spending taxes on research that causes animal suffering and has no benefit for human health?
For years, monkeys, who are highly social animals, were forced to live alone in incredibly small and cramped cages. Throughout their isolation, their food was severely restricted by up to 40 percent. Starving these poor animals holds no relevance for humans and wastes millions every year.
How long will the public tolerate this taxpayer waste and animal cruelty?
The Humane Society of the U.S.
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- Mike Noel: Utah leads out on win-win solution...
- Michael Gerson: The Iran deal: Obama is...
- Letter: Wrong tax approach
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp...
- In our opinion: Disrupted by email and the...
- Letter: Changing environment
- Cedric Nicholson: Have women become forgotten...
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 35
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 32
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27