Was: 17. Last week: Lost to Syracuse, 23-0. Outlook: Offense couldn't get anything going last week against Syracuse, and it doesn't get any easier this week against Alta. Next up: at Alta, Friday.
16. Herriman (2-1)
Was: 19. Last week: Beat Highland, 31-14. Outlook: Following solid bounce-back win against Highland, the Mustangs should be a big favorite every week the rest of the season. Next up: at Copper Hills, Friday.
17. Highland (2-1)
Was: 14. Last week: Lost to Herriman, 31-14. Outlook: Prides itself on being a physical team, but Herriman wore the Rams down in the fourth quarter last week. Next up: at Lone Peak, Thursday.
18. Davis (2-1)
Was: 20. Last week: Beat Cottonwood, 23-12. Outlook: Since frustrating Week 1 loss, the Darts offense has played much better in back-to-back wins. Next up: at Hunter, Friday.
19. Juan Diego (3-0)
Was: 21. Last week: Beat Springville, 19-18. Outlook: Only averaging 22.3 ppg this year, but is still 3-0 thanks to great some great defense so far this season. Next up: vs. Skyline, Friday.
20. Spanish Fork (3-0)
Was: 22. Last week: Beat American Fork, 19-13. Outlook: Off to a perfect start, the Dons face their toughest test of the season this Friday at defending 4A champ Logan. Next up: at Logan, Friday.
21. Box Elder (3-0)
Was: 25. Last week: Beat Bear River, 42-0. Outlook: The Bees haven't given up a point yet this season, but the schedule gets much tougher this week against No. 4 Syracuse. Next up: vs. Syracuse, Friday.
22. Granger (3-0)
Was: 18. Last week: Beat Cyprus, 41-38. Outlook: Offense is scoring in bunches, but the defense needs to tighten things up as the schedule gets tougher in the coming weeks. Next up: vs. Judge Memorial, Friday.
23. Timpanogos (3-0)
Was: -. Last week: Beat Pleasant Grove, 27-13. Outlook: Following third-straight double-digit win, the T-Wolves are quickly emerging as a contender in Region 8. Next up: at Salem Hills, Friday.
24. Sky View (2-1)
Was: 23. Last week: Lost to Brighton, 30-21. Outlook: The Bobcats' next four opponents — Woods Cross, Mountain Crest, Box Elder and Logan — are all ranked in the top 25. Next up: at Woods Cross, Friday.
25. Pleasant Grove (2-1)
Was: 16. Last week: Lost to Timpanogos, 27-13. Outlook: The offense got a bit of a reality check in a surprisingly poor performance against Timpanogos last week. Next up: vs. West Jordan, Friday.
Dropped out: No. 24 Cottonwood
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings University of...
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks about...
- Morning links: Steve Young quotes Joseph...
- Brad Rock: GameDay is quite the day in Utah
- BYU vs. East Carolina: How to attend, watch,...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Oct. 9
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Utah and Utah State should...
- BYU football: East Carolina in 6 numbers
- Morning links: 'Big 12' cartoon... 54
- Morning links: Utes in the playoff?;... 46
- Wright Words: BYU QB Taysom Hill talks... 41
- Utah Utes football: The California... 30
- Utes back in the college football... 27
- Mormon Tabernacle Choir sings... 27
- BYU coaches continue helping players... 22
- Underrated East Carolina will test... 20