Was: 17. Last week: Lost to Syracuse, 23-0. Outlook: Offense couldn't get anything going last week against Syracuse, and it doesn't get any easier this week against Alta. Next up: at Alta, Friday.
16. Herriman (2-1)
Was: 19. Last week: Beat Highland, 31-14. Outlook: Following solid bounce-back win against Highland, the Mustangs should be a big favorite every week the rest of the season. Next up: at Copper Hills, Friday.
17. Highland (2-1)
Was: 14. Last week: Lost to Herriman, 31-14. Outlook: Prides itself on being a physical team, but Herriman wore the Rams down in the fourth quarter last week. Next up: at Lone Peak, Thursday.
18. Davis (2-1)
Was: 20. Last week: Beat Cottonwood, 23-12. Outlook: Since frustrating Week 1 loss, the Darts offense has played much better in back-to-back wins. Next up: at Hunter, Friday.
19. Juan Diego (3-0)
Was: 21. Last week: Beat Springville, 19-18. Outlook: Only averaging 22.3 ppg this year, but is still 3-0 thanks to great some great defense so far this season. Next up: vs. Skyline, Friday.
20. Spanish Fork (3-0)
Was: 22. Last week: Beat American Fork, 19-13. Outlook: Off to a perfect start, the Dons face their toughest test of the season this Friday at defending 4A champ Logan. Next up: at Logan, Friday.
21. Box Elder (3-0)
Was: 25. Last week: Beat Bear River, 42-0. Outlook: The Bees haven't given up a point yet this season, but the schedule gets much tougher this week against No. 4 Syracuse. Next up: vs. Syracuse, Friday.
22. Granger (3-0)
Was: 18. Last week: Beat Cyprus, 41-38. Outlook: Offense is scoring in bunches, but the defense needs to tighten things up as the schedule gets tougher in the coming weeks. Next up: vs. Judge Memorial, Friday.
23. Timpanogos (3-0)
Was: -. Last week: Beat Pleasant Grove, 27-13. Outlook: Following third-straight double-digit win, the T-Wolves are quickly emerging as a contender in Region 8. Next up: at Salem Hills, Friday.
24. Sky View (2-1)
Was: 23. Last week: Lost to Brighton, 30-21. Outlook: The Bobcats' next four opponents — Woods Cross, Mountain Crest, Box Elder and Logan — are all ranked in the top 25. Next up: at Woods Cross, Friday.
25. Pleasant Grove (2-1)
Was: 16. Last week: Lost to Timpanogos, 27-13. Outlook: The offense got a bit of a reality check in a surprisingly poor performance against Timpanogos last week. Next up: vs. West Jordan, Friday.
Dropped out: No. 24 Cottonwood
- Max Hall talks about his arrest last year and...
- Dick Harmon: LaVell Edwards chimes in on NFL...
- Utah State in the Fiesta Bowl? ESPN's...
- Morning links: Nebraska coach praises BYU...
- Samuel Benson: Whatever happened to the...
- Ranking the 26 Utah ties selected in the NFL...
- Free agent roundup: Where locals signed after...
- Local flavor in the NBA: Bogut, Wilcox...
- BYU announces 2015 football schedule,... 97
- Morning links: Nebraska coach praises... 90
- Free agent roundup: Where locals signed... 52
- Dick Harmon: BYU's 2015 September... 47
- Linehan's leg helps propel BYU past Cal... 43
- Utah State in the Fiesta Bowl? ESPN's... 43
- Doug Robinson: The era (and myth) of... 36
- Max Hall talks about his arrest last... 36