University of Texas investigates researcher's findings on same-sex parenting
Our take: In June, Professor Mark Regnerus of the University of Texas at Austin published a study challenging widely held assumptions about same-sex parenting. Following criticism from a homosexual blogger, the University of Texas launched an inquiry into Regnerus' research, which included seizing the professor's computers.
The University of Texas-Austin is backing a sociology professor who came under withering attack for a study that found children of same-sex parents are more likely to be depressed or on welfare than kids raised by heterosexual couples.
The school launched an inquiry into Professor Mark Regnerus' peer-reviewed work last month after a New York-based blogger attacked him for a controversial paper which compared the adult lives of people raised by parents in same-sex relationships to those raised by parents in traditional marriages. The study found several differences, including some that were potentially negative. But an inquiry by the school found Regnerus used sufficiently scholarly methods, university officials announced this week.
- 29 of the best Christmas movie quotes
- The 20 best family-friendly movies of 2014
- The Clean Cut: How does a homeless man spend...
- The Clean Cut: Secret Santa hands out...
- 5 things that are changed (or added) in...
- Bittersweet Christmas: A woman ponders the...
- Did Disney succeed in creating a...
- 'Into the Woods' is campy, dark, more adult...
- 4 in 10 new marriages are multiracial... 6
- The Clean Cut: How does a homeless man... 6
- Some communities suggest penalizing... 5
- Did Disney succeed in creating a... 3
- The 37 most charitable celebrities 1
- Education reform efforts need to focus... 1
- What can 'Annie' and 'The Lego Movie'... 1
- Marriage questions on the U.S. Census... 1