University of Texas investigates researcher's findings on same-sex parenting
Our take: In June, Professor Mark Regnerus of the University of Texas at Austin published a study challenging widely held assumptions about same-sex parenting. Following criticism from a homosexual blogger, the University of Texas launched an inquiry into Regnerus' research, which included seizing the professor's computers.
The University of Texas-Austin is backing a sociology professor who came under withering attack for a study that found children of same-sex parents are more likely to be depressed or on welfare than kids raised by heterosexual couples.
The school launched an inquiry into Professor Mark Regnerus' peer-reviewed work last month after a New York-based blogger attacked him for a controversial paper which compared the adult lives of people raised by parents in same-sex relationships to those raised by parents in traditional marriages. The study found several differences, including some that were potentially negative. But an inquiry by the school found Regnerus used sufficiently scholarly methods, university officials announced this week.
- Power of Moms: The 21-day motherhood challenge
- How one woman unplugged from technology for...
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to...
- Does an American child really go missing...
- Renovation Solutions: 5 signs it is time to...
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view of the...
- Pioneer Theatre Company announces 2015-16...
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy immune system
- Doctor: Vaccines result in healthy... 45
- Erin Stewart: Are trampolines too... 18
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: A different view... 7
- How one woman unplugged from technology... 6
- Does an American child really go... 3
- The Clean Cut: Lucasfilm responds to... 3
- 1 in 7 Americans has this kind of marriage 2
- Utah mother uses personal tragedy to... 1