University of Texas investigates researcher's findings on same-sex parenting
Our take: In June, Professor Mark Regnerus of the University of Texas at Austin published a study challenging widely held assumptions about same-sex parenting. Following criticism from a homosexual blogger, the University of Texas launched an inquiry into Regnerus' research, which included seizing the professor's computers.
The University of Texas-Austin is backing a sociology professor who came under withering attack for a study that found children of same-sex parents are more likely to be depressed or on welfare than kids raised by heterosexual couples.
The school launched an inquiry into Professor Mark Regnerus' peer-reviewed work last month after a New York-based blogger attacked him for a controversial paper which compared the adult lives of people raised by parents in same-sex relationships to those raised by parents in traditional marriages. The study found several differences, including some that were potentially negative. But an inquiry by the school found Regnerus used sufficiently scholarly methods, university officials announced this week.
- The top 10 dream colleges in 2015
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- What makes marriage hard? These 5 things...
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- The Clean Cut: BYU students' video parody...
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 53
- What makes marriage hard? These 5... 17
- 5 underrated Disney movies 13
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Baby boomers,... 6
- Joseph Cramer, M.D.: We pay a price... 5
- What parents can do at home to prepare... 3
- What accounts for the cinematic... 3