Mary Altaffer, Associated Press
Republican Paul Ryan now says he didn't run a marathon in less than three hours as he claimed in a nationally broadcast interview.
The vice presidential hopeful acknowledged Saturday he had misstated his marathon time by more than an hour. He released a statement correcting the record after Runner's World magazine found evidence he had completed one marathon, in 1990, and finished in just over four hours.
Ryan told radio host Hugh Hewitt last month he had run a "two hour and fifty-something" marathon. That's a pace of less than 7 minutes per mile for the 26.2 mile course — extremely fast for recreational runners.
Ryan said he should have rounded his marathon time to four hours, not three.
- Peavler: Tom Holmoe deserves credit... 82
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 66
- Report: ACC changes stance, now... 62
- Bruins bruise Utes in 69-59 upset 41
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 39
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 34
- Former Utah basketball player spreads... 25