Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Jim Matheson is an honorable man in my estimation, and I believe he has the people of Utah's interests at heart. I believe the same about Scott Howell.
I may disagree with them often, but the biggest problem I see is that a win for Matheson is a vote for Nancy Pelosi, and a win for Howell is a vote for Harry Reid. So how badly do we want to have Pelosi back as the House speaker, and how badly do we want to keep Reid as the Senate majority leader?
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Letter: Moral decline
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Letter: My sons
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move forward...
- Who likes Obama's ISIS plan, and who doesn't
- Letter: Moral decline 85
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 81
- Letter: Climate denial 62
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 52
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 52
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40