Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Jim Matheson is an honorable man in my estimation, and I believe he has the people of Utah's interests at heart. I believe the same about Scott Howell.
I may disagree with them often, but the biggest problem I see is that a win for Matheson is a vote for Nancy Pelosi, and a win for Howell is a vote for Harry Reid. So how badly do we want to have Pelosi back as the House speaker, and how badly do we want to keep Reid as the Senate majority leader?
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- About Utah: Others opened the door, but she...
- Doug Robinson: Leonardo chief's doing a job...
- My view: Biggest reason for physician shortage
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look at the...
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 84
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 47
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 42
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 35
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA... 22
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 22