Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Jim Matheson is an honorable man in my estimation, and I believe he has the people of Utah's interests at heart. I believe the same about Scott Howell.
I may disagree with them often, but the biggest problem I see is that a win for Matheson is a vote for Nancy Pelosi, and a win for Howell is a vote for Harry Reid. So how badly do we want to have Pelosi back as the House speaker, and how badly do we want to keep Reid as the Senate majority leader?
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics would be...
- Drew Clark: Utah prison volunteers provide a...
- Letter: Erratic protests
- Letter: Lagoon animals
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 69
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass 24
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics... 24
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23