Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Jim Matheson is an honorable man in my estimation, and I believe he has the people of Utah's interests at heart. I believe the same about Scott Howell.
I may disagree with them often, but the biggest problem I see is that a win for Matheson is a vote for Nancy Pelosi, and a win for Howell is a vote for Harry Reid. So how badly do we want to have Pelosi back as the House speaker, and how badly do we want to keep Reid as the Senate majority leader?
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- John Florez: Audit reveals politicians'...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- In our opinion: 'Lost Boy of Sudan' shows how...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Letter: More informed decisions
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 77
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 37
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 30
- Letter: Give her time 26
- In our opinion: Overcome 'election... 24
- In our opinion: Charitable awareness... 23