Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Jim Matheson is an honorable man in my estimation, and I believe he has the people of Utah's interests at heart. I believe the same about Scott Howell.
I may disagree with them often, but the biggest problem I see is that a win for Matheson is a vote for Nancy Pelosi, and a win for Howell is a vote for Harry Reid. So how badly do we want to have Pelosi back as the House speaker, and how badly do we want to keep Reid as the Senate majority leader?
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- My view: We deserve better than current...
- Drew Clark: The right to be forgiven, not...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 47
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 37
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24