Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Jim Matheson is an honorable man in my estimation, and I believe he has the people of Utah's interests at heart. I believe the same about Scott Howell.
I may disagree with them often, but the biggest problem I see is that a win for Matheson is a vote for Nancy Pelosi, and a win for Howell is a vote for Harry Reid. So how badly do we want to have Pelosi back as the House speaker, and how badly do we want to keep Reid as the Senate majority leader?
- In our opinion: Despite dip in observance,...
- John Florez: The key to El Paso is understanding
- Robert J. Samuelson: Why tax reform is doomed
- Turning back the tide of sexual promiscuity...
- Kathleen Parker: Karma tastes rich in new,...
- In our opinion: Utah proud to be cutting edge...
- Letter: Constitutional republic
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's...
- In our opinion: People desire fair,... 49
- In our opinion: The public health... 39
- Letter: Constitutional republic 29
- Letter: Utah GOP divided 28
- Richard Davis: Medical marijuana issue... 24
- My view: New labor rule may harm Utah's... 23
- Letter: Respect the governor 21
- In our opinion: Troops in Syria makes... 20