Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Jim Matheson is an honorable man in my estimation, and I believe he has the people of Utah's interests at heart. I believe the same about Scott Howell.
I may disagree with them often, but the biggest problem I see is that a win for Matheson is a vote for Nancy Pelosi, and a win for Howell is a vote for Harry Reid. So how badly do we want to have Pelosi back as the House speaker, and how badly do we want to keep Reid as the Senate majority leader?
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation that...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that canceled...
- In our opinion: Dropouts face high risk of...
- Anne Loeser: Reverse trends about breast cancer
- Letter: The Romneys' new center
- Jay Evensen: Unfortunately, Canada may never...
- In our opinion: Utah gun law that... 150
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 73
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 41
- Letter: What is ‘common good?’ 31
- Robert Bennett: Former Defense... 30
- Letter: Lessons for Greg Bell 28
- Letter: Uninformed candidate 27
- In our opinion: School reformers should... 26