Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Jim Matheson is an honorable man in my estimation, and I believe he has the people of Utah's interests at heart. I believe the same about Scott Howell.
I may disagree with them often, but the biggest problem I see is that a win for Matheson is a vote for Nancy Pelosi, and a win for Howell is a vote for Harry Reid. So how badly do we want to have Pelosi back as the House speaker, and how badly do we want to keep Reid as the Senate majority leader?
- Jay Evensen: U.S. should put religious...
- Letter: SNAP for children
- Letter: America needs change
- In our opinion: Giving president 'fast-track'...
- George Chapman: A 24-hour city deserves a...
- Kenlee Hess: Immigrants improve American economy
- In our opinion: Legislative subsidy for USU...
- Dan Liljenquist: An impactful U.S.-Iran...
- In our opinion: Anti-Semitism at home... 68
- Letter: America needs change 60
- In our opinion: Senate Democrats'... 47
- Letter: Policy comparisons 46
- John Hoffmire: Is the goal equality? 44
- Richard Davis: Demos shouldn't decide... 32
- Letter: Move out of last place 31
- Jay Evensen: U.S. should put religious... 27