I simply want to applaud KSL CEO Jeff Simpson's bold and courageous decision to not air the upcoming NBC show titled "The New Normal." His statement that this program simply feels inappropriate on several dimensions, especially during family viewing time, could not be more accurate.
As a mom, I try to not allow this type of content to infiltrate into my home. Homes are a safe haven from the world. I don't want this crude portrayal of what Hollywood producers deem the "new normal" to simply be a button away on a remote.
KSL is accurate in assuming its demographic does not want to see this portrayal of what they deem a modern family acted out on their television sets. I am grateful we still have a station with morals and the guts to stand for what is right in a society with morals seemingly crumbling around us.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Dan Liljenquist: Detroit is sending a message...
- George F. Will: President Obama's epiphanies...
- Jay Evensen: Utah inversions — 100...
- In our opinion: Refinery should be allowed to...
- Letter: American billionaires
- Letter: Golden goose
- My view: Ask a veteran about their health care
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 65
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 63
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 44
- Letter: American billionaires 35
- In our opinion: No more 'Government... 33
- Can Mandela's legacy revive the GOP? 32
- My view: Non-discrimination laws have a... 29
- President should not act without... 28