I simply want to applaud KSL CEO Jeff Simpson's bold and courageous decision to not air the upcoming NBC show titled "The New Normal." His statement that this program simply feels inappropriate on several dimensions, especially during family viewing time, could not be more accurate.
As a mom, I try to not allow this type of content to infiltrate into my home. Homes are a safe haven from the world. I don't want this crude portrayal of what Hollywood producers deem the "new normal" to simply be a button away on a remote.
KSL is accurate in assuming its demographic does not want to see this portrayal of what they deem a modern family acted out on their television sets. I am grateful we still have a station with morals and the guts to stand for what is right in a society with morals seemingly crumbling around us.
- George F. Will: IRS continues to act in...
- My view: Common Core tests erode parental rights
- Letter: Same stale air
- Richard Davis: Let the voters decide the...
- In our opinion: Revisiting Abraham Lincoln's...
- Letter: Conflict of interest
- Jay Evensen: Though complicated, Corradini...
- Bob Bennett: Climate change question should...
- Bob Bennett: Climate change question... 95
- Mia Love: Big government needs to get... 92
- Letter: Same stale air 44
- My view: Common Core tests erode... 38
- Letter: Mandated freedom 37
- In our opinion: Talking of tax reform... 28
- Letter: Who's against Healthy Utah? 27
- John Florez: Lawmakers broke the... 25