I simply want to applaud KSL CEO Jeff Simpson's bold and courageous decision to not air the upcoming NBC show titled "The New Normal." His statement that this program simply feels inappropriate on several dimensions, especially during family viewing time, could not be more accurate.
As a mom, I try to not allow this type of content to infiltrate into my home. Homes are a safe haven from the world. I don't want this crude portrayal of what Hollywood producers deem the "new normal" to simply be a button away on a remote.
KSL is accurate in assuming its demographic does not want to see this portrayal of what they deem a modern family acted out on their television sets. I am grateful we still have a station with morals and the guts to stand for what is right in a society with morals seemingly crumbling around us.
- Kathleen Parker: Planned Parenthood relying...
- In our opinion: Optimism in politics would be...
- About Utah: He never yelled, but he sure did...
- Letter: BSA lacks a compass
- In our opinion: NASA's New Horizons opens up...
- Drew Clark: Utah prison volunteers provide a...
- Letter: Erratic protests
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Identifying...
- Letter: Eroding the BSA 68
- Jay Evensen: An Obama-created monument... 47
- In our opinion: Time to phase out... 27
- In our opinion: After change to state... 25
- My view: Utah leaders, don't let EPA... 25
- Jay Evensen: Muhammad Yunus wants to... 23
- Letter: Proper priority 23
- Letter: Voting like a liberal 22