I simply want to applaud KSL CEO Jeff Simpson's bold and courageous decision to not air the upcoming NBC show titled "The New Normal." His statement that this program simply feels inappropriate on several dimensions, especially during family viewing time, could not be more accurate.
As a mom, I try to not allow this type of content to infiltrate into my home. Homes are a safe haven from the world. I don't want this crude portrayal of what Hollywood producers deem the "new normal" to simply be a button away on a remote.
KSL is accurate in assuming its demographic does not want to see this portrayal of what they deem a modern family acted out on their television sets. I am grateful we still have a station with morals and the guts to stand for what is right in a society with morals seemingly crumbling around us.
- Greg Bell: Too many steering wheels in Utah's...
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on marriage?
- Charles Krauthammer: The jihadi logic
- My view: Intergenerational poverty the result...
- In our opinion: Inconsistency in school test...
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0
- 19 songs to consider as replacements for the...
- Letter: Buy American