I simply want to applaud KSL CEO Jeff Simpson's bold and courageous decision to not air the upcoming NBC show titled "The New Normal." His statement that this program simply feels inappropriate on several dimensions, especially during family viewing time, could not be more accurate.
As a mom, I try to not allow this type of content to infiltrate into my home. Homes are a safe haven from the world. I don't want this crude portrayal of what Hollywood producers deem the "new normal" to simply be a button away on a remote.
KSL is accurate in assuming its demographic does not want to see this portrayal of what they deem a modern family acted out on their television sets. I am grateful we still have a station with morals and the guts to stand for what is right in a society with morals seemingly crumbling around us.
- My view: UDOT listened, made a good choice
- Letters: Move to the center
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should keep up...
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- In our opinion: Susan Cox Powell's case is...
- Timothy R. Clark: Real job creation requires...
- Comprehensive immigration reform or bust
- Letters: No welfare, ever 76
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Letters: Move to the center 33
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 31
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 27
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 27
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21
- Letters: The buck stops here 19