Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney used his weekly podcast to highlight specific parts of his Republican National Convention speech from Thursday, discussing jobs and making his case for why voters should replace President Barack Obama.
Romney's plan for creating 12 million new jobs consists of five points, he said:
1. Achieving energy independence by taking advantage of U.S. oil, coal, gas, nuclear and renewable energy sources.
2. Giving citizens the skills they need to find jobs and allowing parents and children school choice.
3. Forging new trade agreements and holding countries accountable when they cheat in trade.
4. Cutting the deficit and putting America on track to a balanced budget.
5. Championing small business by reducing taxes on businesses, simplifying and modernizing regulations and repealing the president's health care overhaul.
"The America we all know has been a story of the many becoming one, uniting to preserve liberty, uniting to build the greatest economy in the world, uniting to save the world from unspeakable darkness," Romney said. "That America, that united America, can unleash an economy that will put Americans back to work, that will once again lead the world with innovation and productivity, and that will restore every father and mother's confidence that their children's future is brighter even than the past.
Listen to the podcast at www.mittromney.com.
- A kiss, a prayer: The last hours of MH17's...
- Appreciating sacrifice: Deployed soldiers...
- Official: Air Algerie flight carrying 116...
- Britain's little prince celebrates first...
- Hamas calls for end to blockade of Gaza border
- Iraqis: Jihadis blow up Muslim shrine said to...
- Rep. Paul Ryan proposes streamlining 11...
- Pope meets Sudanese Christian woman who was...
- Propaganda war continues in Hobby Lobby... 52
- Appeals courts issue contradictory... 49
- Herbert among 6 governors raising... 46
- Gov. Rick Perry sending National Guard... 24
- Hamas calls for end to blockade of Gaza... 23
- Obama fundraises for Dems; demands GOP... 19
- Despite crush of children, illegal... 16
- Obama voices concern about casualties... 14