Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney used his weekly podcast to highlight specific parts of his Republican National Convention speech from Thursday, discussing jobs and making his case for why voters should replace President Barack Obama.
Romney's plan for creating 12 million new jobs consists of five points, he said:
1. Achieving energy independence by taking advantage of U.S. oil, coal, gas, nuclear and renewable energy sources.
2. Giving citizens the skills they need to find jobs and allowing parents and children school choice.
3. Forging new trade agreements and holding countries accountable when they cheat in trade.
4. Cutting the deficit and putting America on track to a balanced budget.
5. Championing small business by reducing taxes on businesses, simplifying and modernizing regulations and repealing the president's health care overhaul.
"The America we all know has been a story of the many becoming one, uniting to preserve liberty, uniting to build the greatest economy in the world, uniting to save the world from unspeakable darkness," Romney said. "That America, that united America, can unleash an economy that will put Americans back to work, that will once again lead the world with innovation and productivity, and that will restore every father and mother's confidence that their children's future is brighter even than the past.
Listen to the podcast at www.mittromney.com.
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- Student evades monitors, spreads Ebola to...
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in Syria
- John Lennon's killer: My life is all about...
- Ukraine accuses Russia of sending in tanks,...
- A New York Times article said Michael... 43
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 24
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 14
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14