Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney used his weekly podcast to highlight specific parts of his Republican National Convention speech from Thursday, discussing jobs and making his case for why voters should replace President Barack Obama.
Romney's plan for creating 12 million new jobs consists of five points, he said:
1. Achieving energy independence by taking advantage of U.S. oil, coal, gas, nuclear and renewable energy sources.
2. Giving citizens the skills they need to find jobs and allowing parents and children school choice.
3. Forging new trade agreements and holding countries accountable when they cheat in trade.
4. Cutting the deficit and putting America on track to a balanced budget.
5. Championing small business by reducing taxes on businesses, simplifying and modernizing regulations and repealing the president's health care overhaul.
"The America we all know has been a story of the many becoming one, uniting to preserve liberty, uniting to build the greatest economy in the world, uniting to save the world from unspeakable darkness," Romney said. "That America, that united America, can unleash an economy that will put Americans back to work, that will once again lead the world with innovation and productivity, and that will restore every father and mother's confidence that their children's future is brighter even than the past.
Listen to the podcast at www.mittromney.com.
- Two Christian ministers refuse to perform...
- Virus expert sees 'silver lining' in Ebola...
- Lower gas prices could mean economic impact...
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex marriage
- Jodi Arias sentencing retrial opens in Arizona
- CVS tacks tobacco payment to prescription...
- Jurors given conflicting views of Jodi Arias
- Q&A: Journalist Dan Rather speaks on courage...
- Two Christian ministers refuse to... 83
- New Ebola 'czar' knows Washington, but... 22
- Why I stand with the Houston Five 21
- On campaign trail, Obama says GOP is... 15
- Gay marriage becomes legal in Arizona,... 14
- Expelled Nazis got millions in Social... 10
- Bishops scrap welcome to gays in sign... 9
- Wyoming prepares to legalize same-sex... 9