Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney used his weekly podcast to highlight specific parts of his Republican National Convention speech from Thursday, discussing jobs and making his case for why voters should replace President Barack Obama.
Romney's plan for creating 12 million new jobs consists of five points, he said:
1. Achieving energy independence by taking advantage of U.S. oil, coal, gas, nuclear and renewable energy sources.
2. Giving citizens the skills they need to find jobs and allowing parents and children school choice.
3. Forging new trade agreements and holding countries accountable when they cheat in trade.
4. Cutting the deficit and putting America on track to a balanced budget.
5. Championing small business by reducing taxes on businesses, simplifying and modernizing regulations and repealing the president's health care overhaul.
"The America we all know has been a story of the many becoming one, uniting to preserve liberty, uniting to build the greatest economy in the world, uniting to save the world from unspeakable darkness," Romney said. "That America, that united America, can unleash an economy that will put Americans back to work, that will once again lead the world with innovation and productivity, and that will restore every father and mother's confidence that their children's future is brighter even than the past.
Listen to the podcast at www.mittromney.com.
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels, with or...
- Witnesses at Utah trial: No security-camera...
- Sex education should start sooner, study finds
- Sorting out the claims after pipe break: Who...
- The creepiest Internet-related happenings of...
- Ginsburg: High court won't 'duck' gay marriage
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 53
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 46
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 42
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 37
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 30
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 28
- House leaders abandon border bill 24
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against... 14