Republican presidential candidate Mitt Romney used his weekly podcast to highlight specific parts of his Republican National Convention speech from Thursday, discussing jobs and making his case for why voters should replace President Barack Obama.
Romney's plan for creating 12 million new jobs consists of five points, he said:
1. Achieving energy independence by taking advantage of U.S. oil, coal, gas, nuclear and renewable energy sources.
2. Giving citizens the skills they need to find jobs and allowing parents and children school choice.
3. Forging new trade agreements and holding countries accountable when they cheat in trade.
4. Cutting the deficit and putting America on track to a balanced budget.
5. Championing small business by reducing taxes on businesses, simplifying and modernizing regulations and repealing the president's health care overhaul.
"The America we all know has been a story of the many becoming one, uniting to preserve liberty, uniting to build the greatest economy in the world, uniting to save the world from unspeakable darkness," Romney said. "That America, that united America, can unleash an economy that will put Americans back to work, that will once again lead the world with innovation and productivity, and that will restore every father and mother's confidence that their children's future is brighter even than the past.
Listen to the podcast at www.mittromney.com.
- Utah humanitarian aid worker returns from...
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold line on...
- Chocolate compound restores age-related...
- Cause sought for space-supply rocket explosion
- A place with a view: Inside NYC's tallest...
- Balancing act: Stress, burnout, mistakes top...
- Digital Savant: How to be a ghost (online)
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution is not...
- Pope Francis: ‘Evolution ... 59
- Religious, political leaders in... 35
- Pastor who performed gay marriage keeps... 29
- Southern Baptists tell pastors: hold... 19
- Utah among lowest in nation in... 18
- George P. Bush says dad Jeb Bush is... 15
- Churches proceed carefully when... 14
- Poll: 2 of 3 Americans say Islamic... 10