SALT LAKE CITY — All nine members of the Salt Lake starting lineup had at least one hit each, as the Bees cruised to a 10-6 win over the Sacramento River Cats on Friday night.
Salt Lake scored at least one run in each of the first six innings, as the Bees took the lead in the first on a leadoff triple by Peter Bourjos and a run-scoring ground out by Luis Jimenez.
They would add one more in the second on a leadoff home run by Hank Conger and then three more in the third, two in the fourth, one in the fifth and two in the sixth on a two-run triple by Ryan Langerhans.
Barry Enright (13-7, 5-1 with Salt Lake) earned the victory, as he went six and two-third innings and allowed two runs, one earned, on just four hits with seven strikeouts and one walk.
Matt Long led the Bees with three hits, including a double. Jimenez added two hits and two runs batted in, while Ed Lucas chipped in with two hits and one RBI.
Bourjos, who was in the fifth game of his injury rehab assignment, went 2-for-4 with a triple, two runs scored and one run batted in.
"Guys are still trying to finish off the season," said Bees manager Keith Johnson. "Guys out there in the bullpen are trying to go out there and put up zeroes to preserve some pretty good ERAs and some guys have been throwing the ball really well. There's still some things to play for and you never know who's going to get called up at the end of this thing."
- High school football: Top 25 preseason rankings
- ACC media days has some interesting tidbits...
- Some fringe Jazz players opened eyes in Vegas
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to expand,...
- BYU football: Alani Fua may be next Cougar...
- Brain injury changes the lives and tests the...
- Dick Harmon: BYU, Pac-12 scheduling is an...
- Former BYU defensive lineman Eathyn...
- Dick Harmon: Big 12 not looking to... 167
- Report: Former BYU guard Jimmer... 73
- BYU freshman linebacker reportedly... 72
- BYU's Jamaal Williams, Utah State's Joe... 58
- Peavler: Arizona vice president of... 52
- ACC media days has some interesting... 35
- Brad Rock: Decades later, equality... 30
- Watch list roundup: 22 local players... 26