Jack Dempsey, AP
I believe President Obama's team has committed a symbolic misstep in their web response to Mitt Romney's speech and the Republican convention. The web ad shows Obama seated in the chief executive's chair with his back to the camera and the tag-line: "This chair is already taken."
While some may find it cute, I find it disturbing. First, how many feel that this president has turned his back on us as average Americans? However, it is the tag-line that bothers me the most.
May I remind the president that the chair he occupies is not "taken" but "given" by us, the voters, the people of this great nation. If our president has forgotten that, maybe it is our time to "give" someone else that chair.
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- About Utah: Others opened the door, but she...
- Doug Robinson: Leonardo chief's doing a job...
- My view: Biggest reason for physician shortage
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look at the...
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 84
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 57
- My view: A de-sexed society is a... 49
- My view: Mitt Romney's Harry Potter... 43
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 37
- Orrin Hatch: My meeting with Supreme... 37
- In our opinion: Those intolerable TSA... 22
- In our opinion: A social media enabled... 22