Jack Dempsey, AP
I believe President Obama's team has committed a symbolic misstep in their web response to Mitt Romney's speech and the Republican convention. The web ad shows Obama seated in the chief executive's chair with his back to the camera and the tag-line: "This chair is already taken."
While some may find it cute, I find it disturbing. First, how many feel that this president has turned his back on us as average Americans? However, it is the tag-line that bothers me the most.
May I remind the president that the chair he occupies is not "taken" but "given" by us, the voters, the people of this great nation. If our president has forgotten that, maybe it is our time to "give" someone else that chair.
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- Letter: Our public lands
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- My view: Your family stories have the power...
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 19
- Mantua speed trap 17