Jack Dempsey, AP
I believe President Obama's team has committed a symbolic misstep in their web response to Mitt Romney's speech and the Republican convention. The web ad shows Obama seated in the chief executive's chair with his back to the camera and the tag-line: "This chair is already taken."
While some may find it cute, I find it disturbing. First, how many feel that this president has turned his back on us as average Americans? However, it is the tag-line that bothers me the most.
May I remind the president that the chair he occupies is not "taken" but "given" by us, the voters, the people of this great nation. If our president has forgotten that, maybe it is our time to "give" someone else that chair.
- My view: Obama has you cornered with K-12...
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- Letter: Human body
- Steve Eaton: Sundance the Talking Dog is gone
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: A more...
- My view: Use of force debate should recognize...
- In our opinion: School libraries need...
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's proposed...
- Five principles to help guide public... 92
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 61
- Letter: Human body 36
- Robert J. Samuelson: The trouble with... 15
- Drew Clark: We need to consider... 15
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 13
- Letter: Transportation component 11
- My view: Obama has you cornered with... 9