Jack Dempsey, AP
I believe President Obama's team has committed a symbolic misstep in their web response to Mitt Romney's speech and the Republican convention. The web ad shows Obama seated in the chief executive's chair with his back to the camera and the tag-line: "This chair is already taken."
While some may find it cute, I find it disturbing. First, how many feel that this president has turned his back on us as average Americans? However, it is the tag-line that bothers me the most.
May I remind the president that the chair he occupies is not "taken" but "given" by us, the voters, the people of this great nation. If our president has forgotten that, maybe it is our time to "give" someone else that chair.
- In our opinion: The 3 levels of Christmas
- W. Bradford Wilcox: Why the working-class...
- John Florez: Utah's prison relocation is like...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Cogitating on...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: New Christmas...
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net
- My view: Doing away with cursive is bad idea...
- Letter: Patriots or sheep?
- Letter: Patriots or sheep? 62
- Greg Bell: Socialism vs. the safety net 45
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 34
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws... 30
- Jay Evensen: Should Utah raise its gas... 28
- Letter: Police not the problem 24