Jack Dempsey, AP
I believe President Obama's team has committed a symbolic misstep in their web response to Mitt Romney's speech and the Republican convention. The web ad shows Obama seated in the chief executive's chair with his back to the camera and the tag-line: "This chair is already taken."
While some may find it cute, I find it disturbing. First, how many feel that this president has turned his back on us as average Americans? However, it is the tag-line that bothers me the most.
May I remind the president that the chair he occupies is not "taken" but "given" by us, the voters, the people of this great nation. If our president has forgotten that, maybe it is our time to "give" someone else that chair.
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s new...
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and immigration...
- On Second Thought: Departugal, Italeave and...
- In our opinion: California considering bold...
- John Florez: If elephants can dance so can...
- Letter: Come together
- Letter: Reducing teacher load
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired...
- Letter: Shooter's motives 36
- Letter: Carbon emissions fee 30
- In our opinion: California considering... 29
- In our opinion: US v. Texas and... 22
- My view: Taxpayers should call foul on... 19
- Letter: Panhandlers in Sandy 19
- In our opinion: Brexit and the U.K.'s... 18
- Charles Krauthammer: Hillaryism: Tired... 17