Pioneer League: 7-run inning lifts Ogden Raptors to 11-5 win over Idaho Falls Chukars
OGDEN — The Ogden Raptors used a seven-run second inning en route to an 11-5 win over the Idaho Falls Chukars Thursday night at Lindquist Field.
Tied 1-1 with one out, Tae-Hyeok Nam hit a solo homer to center to take the lead, his fourth of the season. Devon Ethier then walked and stole second as Malcolm Holland struck out. After Eric Smith was hit by a pitch, Jeremy Rathjen hit a bloop single to right, scoring Ethier. Jesus Valdez was also hit by a pitch to load the bases. Noel Cuevas then cleared the bases with a double to center. Justin Boudreaux ended the scoring with a two-run double to left, his third of the season, to take an 8-1 lead.
Boudreaux added another two-run hit with a double to center in the sixth, extending the lead to 10-2.
Raptors starter Gregg Downing earned his third win, pitching seven innings and allowing four runs on eight hits, striking out five.
Rathjen also hit his eighth homer of the season with a solo shot to left in the eighth inning.
The Raptors have won seven straight games and will go for their third straight series sweep tonight against the Chukars.
ROCKIES 4, OWLZ 2 (11 INNINGS): At Orem, Sherman Johnson tied the game in the ninth with an RBI double, but Grand Junction scored twice in the 11th.
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get washed away...
- High school football: Bingham accepts invite...
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0
- Despite the loss, Savannah State coach...
- High school football: Timpview overcomes...
- BYU's senior day emotional for Cougar coach...
- Dick Harmon: Utah tries to break out of...
- High school football: Defense, big plays pave...
- BYU's Hill plans to return for senior... 115
- When it rains, it pours: Utes get... 94
- Runnin' Utes lose defensive battle at... 68
- Utes still have outside chance at... 36
- UHSAA's Board of Trustees assigns high... 35
- For BYU, it's not about opponent... 30
- BYU blanks hapless Savannah State, 64-0 25
- Freshman Jake Toolson leads Cougars... 21