Pioneer League: 7-run inning lifts Ogden Raptors to 11-5 win over Idaho Falls Chukars
OGDEN — The Ogden Raptors used a seven-run second inning en route to an 11-5 win over the Idaho Falls Chukars Thursday night at Lindquist Field.
Tied 1-1 with one out, Tae-Hyeok Nam hit a solo homer to center to take the lead, his fourth of the season. Devon Ethier then walked and stole second as Malcolm Holland struck out. After Eric Smith was hit by a pitch, Jeremy Rathjen hit a bloop single to right, scoring Ethier. Jesus Valdez was also hit by a pitch to load the bases. Noel Cuevas then cleared the bases with a double to center. Justin Boudreaux ended the scoring with a two-run double to left, his third of the season, to take an 8-1 lead.
Boudreaux added another two-run hit with a double to center in the sixth, extending the lead to 10-2.
Raptors starter Gregg Downing earned his third win, pitching seven innings and allowing four runs on eight hits, striking out five.
Rathjen also hit his eighth homer of the season with a solo shot to left in the eighth inning.
The Raptors have won seven straight games and will go for their third straight series sweep tonight against the Chukars.
ROCKIES 4, OWLZ 2 (11 INNINGS): At Orem, Sherman Johnson tied the game in the ninth with an RBI double, but Grand Junction scored twice in the 11th.
- 2015 Heisman Trophy tracker, preseason...
- High school football roundup for Friday, Aug. 28
- The Utah football 100: Ranking the best...
- BYU football: With opener one week away,...
- BYU football: Ranking the most important...
- Video: BYU commit Jaren Hall lifts Maple...
- BYU football position preview: The...
- BYU football: A look at the Cougars'...
- Morning links: Cougars, Utes to face... 78
- Guest commentary: How to spice up BYU... 61
- BYU football: Lone Peak's Jackson... 32
- New York Jets waive former BYU... 30
- Dick Harmon: BYU Cougars find new... 28
- Morning links: Utes are the Pac-12's 'X... 27
- Guest commentary: BYU, Utah, USU... 25
- Doug Robinson: No days off on Utes'... 25