Pioneer League: 7-run inning lifts Ogden Raptors to 11-5 win over Idaho Falls Chukars
OGDEN — The Ogden Raptors used a seven-run second inning en route to an 11-5 win over the Idaho Falls Chukars Thursday night at Lindquist Field.
Tied 1-1 with one out, Tae-Hyeok Nam hit a solo homer to center to take the lead, his fourth of the season. Devon Ethier then walked and stole second as Malcolm Holland struck out. After Eric Smith was hit by a pitch, Jeremy Rathjen hit a bloop single to right, scoring Ethier. Jesus Valdez was also hit by a pitch to load the bases. Noel Cuevas then cleared the bases with a double to center. Justin Boudreaux ended the scoring with a two-run double to left, his third of the season, to take an 8-1 lead.
Boudreaux added another two-run hit with a double to center in the sixth, extending the lead to 10-2.
Raptors starter Gregg Downing earned his third win, pitching seven innings and allowing four runs on eight hits, striking out five.
Rathjen also hit his eighth homer of the season with a solo shot to left in the eighth inning.
The Raptors have won seven straight games and will go for their third straight series sweep tonight against the Chukars.
ROCKIES 4, OWLZ 2 (11 INNINGS): At Orem, Sherman Johnson tied the game in the ninth with an RBI double, but Grand Junction scored twice in the 11th.
- Crystal ball commentary: National...
- Dick Harmon: John Beck very impressed with...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle Whittingham...
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- High school football: 2013 Deseret News MVPs...
- BYU's worldwide fan base highlighted in...
- Brad Rock: Jazz dreaming of a Blazing future
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 103
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 75
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 64
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 45
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43
- Former BYU star Jimmer Fredette likes... 34
- BYU vs. No. 21 UMass live blog:... 27