EAST RUTHERFORD, N.J. — Lawrence Tynes kicked a 32-yard field goal with 1:03 to play and the New York Giants defeated New England 6-3 on Wednesday night in the preseason finale for the teams that met in the Super Bowl in early February.
This one was hardly as interesting as the title game, but the Giants (2-2) once again scored late to win. Adewale Ojomo set up the game-winning score with a sack and forced fumble against Brian Hoyer that Marcus Thomas returned 12 yards to set up Tynes' second field goal of the half.
Steve Gostkowski kicked a 20-yard field goal in the second quarter for the Patriots (1-3), who rested almost every starter.
The Giants iced the game with 13 seconds to play on an interception by Laron Scott
Eli Manning and the majority of the Giants' starters played just over a quarter, with receiver Hakeem Nicks making his preseason debut. New England rested their starters with only fullback Eric Kettani and defensive tackle Brandon Deaderick starting.
REDSKINS 30, BUCCANEERS 3: At Landover, Md., Billy Cundiff made three of four field goal attempts — and was booed for the one he missed — making him the only first-stringer to do something noteworthy in Wasington's win over Tampa Bay.
Cundiff, signed Tuesday after the Redskins cut Graham Gano, converted from 39, 27 and 22 yards and got some grief from the crowd when he sliced one wide right from 46. The 2010 All-Pro joined Washington just two days after being released by Baltimore.
Former Utah Ute Brett Ratliff, third on the depth chart, played the entire game for the Buccaneers and was sacked five times. He completed 14 of 30 for 164 yards and three interceptions.
COWBOYS 30, DOLPHINS 13: At Arlington, Texas, Orie Lemon returned an interception 26 yards for a touchdown and No. 3 running back Phillip Tanner had a 1-yard score for Dallas.
Rookie quarterback Ryan Tannehill, the first-round draft pick from Texas A&M already tabbed Miami's starter, was 5-of-7 passing for 35 yards playing the first two series. The Dolphins led 3-0 when he was done.
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- Utah State football: Tennessee hands Aggies...
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coaches will take the win...
- Guest commentary: BYU football fans should...
- Apo looking forward to another trip to Texas
- UVU men's soccer makes its program debut with...
- USU football: Aggies geared up to take on the...
- First steps: Utes open season with... 65
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center... 52
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 49
- Enemy camp: What UConn media thinks... 41