J. Scott Applewhite, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The Mathesons are stalwarts in Utah politics; a strong Democratic family from Parowan. Gov. Scott Matheson could have been governor for as many terms as he wanted or as health would allow.
It was a sad and disappointing day when Jim Matheson chose to compete for District 4 instead of the one he was popular in, District 2.
It is increasingly sad and disappointing for Utah that we can't send both Matheson and Mia Love to Congress. What a feather that would have been in Utah's bonnet and a huge boost to Utah's public image.
T.G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- My view: Obama has you cornered with K-12...
- Five principles to help guide public dialogue...
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on Mexican...
- Letter: Human body
- Steve Eaton: Sundance the Talking Dog is gone
- My view: Use of force debate should recognize...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: A more...
- In our opinion: School libraries need...
- Five principles to help guide public... 101
- In our opinion: Sen. Mike Lee's... 66
- Letter: Human body 40
- In our opinion: Trump's statements on... 33
- In our opinion: School libraries need... 16
- Robert J. Samuelson: The trouble with... 15
- Drew Clark: We need to consider... 15
- Letter: Transportation component 11