J. Scott Applewhite, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The Mathesons are stalwarts in Utah politics; a strong Democratic family from Parowan. Gov. Scott Matheson could have been governor for as many terms as he wanted or as health would allow.
It was a sad and disappointing day when Jim Matheson chose to compete for District 4 instead of the one he was popular in, District 2.
It is increasingly sad and disappointing for Utah that we can't send both Matheson and Mia Love to Congress. What a feather that would have been in Utah's bonnet and a huge boost to Utah's public image.
T.G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- Everything you need to know about the...
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult...
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach
- Letter: Utah's birthright
- My view: Utah's public education system:...
- Socratic observations — Politics are...
- Doug Robinson: So little time, so many...
- In our opinion: Avoid blurring the line...
- Robert Bennett: Contrary to Krugman,... 56
- Letter: Learn the Constitution 52
- In our opinion: Explaining editorial... 44
- Letter: Utah's birthright 39
- John Florez: Corporate or public... 31
- Join the discussion: Why is young adult... 30
- Letter: Whole story 28
- Michael Gerson: Rand Paul's bogus outreach 27