J. Scott Applewhite, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The Mathesons are stalwarts in Utah politics; a strong Democratic family from Parowan. Gov. Scott Matheson could have been governor for as many terms as he wanted or as health would allow.
It was a sad and disappointing day when Jim Matheson chose to compete for District 4 instead of the one he was popular in, District 2.
It is increasingly sad and disappointing for Utah that we can't send both Matheson and Mia Love to Congress. What a feather that would have been in Utah's bonnet and a huge boost to Utah's public image.
T.G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- Top scandals and controversies of each United...
- Top scandals and controversies of each US...
- In our opinion: Scouting success will come...
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation of...
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus vote
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Robert Bennett: With public trust waning,...
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate
- Letters: No welfare, ever 59
- Letters: Deception and government 31
- Letter: The real death panel:... 30
- In our opinion: Reduce the legal... 26
- In our opinion: Big screen exploitation... 25
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 24
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 24
- Letters: Paycheck Fairness Act 21