J. Scott Applewhite, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The Mathesons are stalwarts in Utah politics; a strong Democratic family from Parowan. Gov. Scott Matheson could have been governor for as many terms as he wanted or as health would allow.
It was a sad and disappointing day when Jim Matheson chose to compete for District 4 instead of the one he was popular in, District 2.
It is increasingly sad and disappointing for Utah that we can't send both Matheson and Mia Love to Congress. What a feather that would have been in Utah's bonnet and a huge boost to Utah's public image.
T.G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnell: Redefining marriage hurts...
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- John Hoffmire: How to save capitalism
- Robert Bennett: Make climate conversations...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- Letter: Dance dress code
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage debate...
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 102
- Janna Darnell: Redefining marriage... 81
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 62
- In our opinion: Religion in public life... 53
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- Join the discussion: How libertarian is... 36
- John Hoffmire: How to save capitalism 36
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 35