J. Scott Applewhite, ASSOCIATED PRESS
The Mathesons are stalwarts in Utah politics; a strong Democratic family from Parowan. Gov. Scott Matheson could have been governor for as many terms as he wanted or as health would allow.
It was a sad and disappointing day when Jim Matheson chose to compete for District 4 instead of the one he was popular in, District 2.
It is increasingly sad and disappointing for Utah that we can't send both Matheson and Mia Love to Congress. What a feather that would have been in Utah's bonnet and a huge boost to Utah's public image.
T.G. "Bud" Mahas
Salt Lake City
- From GOP convention to Pokemon Bernie: Last...
- In our opinion: Disgusting algae bloom...
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake
- My view: Prison reform proponents have it...
- Arthur Cyr: Coup attempt underscores...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Shurtleff,...
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 32
- My view: Supporting Utah's public... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- My view: More whites should practice... 21
- Mia Love: We are the pioneers of our day 18
- My view: Algae blooms in Utah Lake 16
- Letter: Vote Gary Johnson 14