To hear them tell it, Mitt Romney was a consistently engaged father, regularly talking to his boys about career choices. The sons acknowledge that Tagg probably felt the most pressure to follow in his father's footsteps, and he has, attending Harvard Business School and founding a private equity firm.
All five boys attended the prestigious all-boys Belmont Hill School outside Boston, where they were required to play three sports. And all five went to Brigham Young University, the Mormon college in Utah where three met their wives. The three oldest went on to Harvard Business School. Ben went to Tufts Medical School, and Craig has a graduate degree from Columbia.
But they share their mother's down-to-earth appeal.
Asked to describe their father in one word during a recent Fox interview, Josh called him "cheap." Craig suggested "qualified," while Ben quipped "frugal." Matt cited "integrity" and Tagg said "generous."
But do not be fooled. In addition to sharing family stories, Tagg has been a part of his father's political brain trust since his first presidential bid. And all of the sons help their father raise money across the country. Tagg focuses on the East Coast, while the others focus on the West Coast.
Tagg alone has roughly 20 fundraisers scheduled before the November election.
It's a grind for some as they balance family and professional responsibilities. But it's something they say is worth it.
"This is an incredible privilege to be doing this. You don't want to complain," Tagg said. "This is an unbelievable experience for a family."
- 10 things to know about corporate inversions
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh Hewitt...
- It's about time the government recognize the...
- Freelancers and millennials help usher in the...
- John Lennon's killer: My life is all about...
- Student evades monitors, spreads Ebola to...
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in Syria
- University of Phoenix founder dies, leaving...
- A New York Times article said Michael... 43
- Running again? Mitt Romney tells Hugh... 36
- 10 things to know about corporate... 32
- For the first time in American history,... 30
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn... 25
- Obama tamps down prospect of strikes in... 15
- Why the poverty cycle is harder to... 15
- Winning plaintiffs in 3 states want... 14