To hear them tell it, Mitt Romney was a consistently engaged father, regularly talking to his boys about career choices. The sons acknowledge that Tagg probably felt the most pressure to follow in his father's footsteps, and he has, attending Harvard Business School and founding a private equity firm.
All five boys attended the prestigious all-boys Belmont Hill School outside Boston, where they were required to play three sports. And all five went to Brigham Young University, the Mormon college in Utah where three met their wives. The three oldest went on to Harvard Business School. Ben went to Tufts Medical School, and Craig has a graduate degree from Columbia.
But they share their mother's down-to-earth appeal.
Asked to describe their father in one word during a recent Fox interview, Josh called him "cheap." Craig suggested "qualified," while Ben quipped "frugal." Matt cited "integrity" and Tagg said "generous."
But do not be fooled. In addition to sharing family stories, Tagg has been a part of his father's political brain trust since his first presidential bid. And all of the sons help their father raise money across the country. Tagg focuses on the East Coast, while the others focus on the West Coast.
Tagg alone has roughly 20 fundraisers scheduled before the November election.
It's a grind for some as they balance family and professional responsibilities. But it's something they say is worth it.
"This is an incredible privilege to be doing this. You don't want to complain," Tagg said. "This is an unbelievable experience for a family."
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve gay...
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- Pearl Harbor ceremony marks bombing...
- Space and religion: How believers view latest...
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- Utah remembers Pearl Harbor namesake ship,...
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million viewers
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 106
- Judge orders Colo. cake-maker to serve... 52
- LDS missionaries developing strategies... 39
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 30
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 26
- Research: Native American genes have... 23
- Obama declares health care law is... 21