"Under Mitt, Massachusetts's schools were the best in the nation. The best. He started the John and Abigail Adams scholarships, which give the top 25 percent of high school graduates a four-year tuition-free scholarship.
"This is the man America needs.
"This is the man who will wake up every day with the determination to solve the problems that others say can't be solved, to fix what others say is beyond repair. This is the man who will work harder than anyone so that we can work a little less hard.
"I can't tell you what will happen over the next four years. But I can only stand here tonight, as a wife, a mother, a grandmother, an American, and make you this solemn commitment:
"This man will not fail.
"This man will not let us down.
"This man will lift up America!
"It has been 47 years since that tall, kind of charming young man brought me home from our first dance. Not every day since has been easy.
"But he still makes me laugh. And never once did I have a single reason to doubt that I was the luckiest woman in the world.
"I said tonight I wanted to talk to you about love. Look into your hearts.
"This is our country. This is our future. These are our children and grandchildren.
"You can trust Mitt.
"He loves America. He will take us to a better place, just as he took me home safely from that dance. Give him that chance. Give America that chance.
"God bless each of you and God Bless the United States of America."
- Expelling Santa from school? Holiday...
- TV Review: Broadway wins in live 'Sound of...
- 50 things you might not know about 15 of your...
- LDS missionaries developing strategies to...
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela
- 'Sound of Music' alive for 18.5 million viewers
- Obama administration will allow green energy...
- 7 in 10 will need long-term care, ready or not
- Obama: Income inequality a defining... 105
- Court: Mormon church, members not... 35
- Notre Dame sues over health care law's... 31
- Fast-food strikes return amid push for... 31
- Colorado court hears discrimination... 28
- Fast food outlets planning strike for... 25
- Research: Native American genes have... 23
- Utahns react to death of Nelson Mandela 23