Mary Altaffer, Associated Press
TAMPA, Fla. — Rep. Paul Ryan has arrived in Florida to accept the Republican Party's vice presidential nomination.
Ryan and several members of his family — including his wife, children, brother and mother — landed midday Tuesday in Tampa. During the flight from his hometown of Janesville, Wis., he worked on the speech he will deliver Wednesday night.
The Wisconsin congressman is expected to talk about his family's immigrant roots and small-town upbringing. Aides say he is still tweaking the speech but pointed to one he gave Monday at his former high school as a guide.
Running mate Mitt Romney and his wife, Ann, arrived in Tampa shortly before Ryan.
Ann Romney is speaking Tuesday night. Mitt Romney accepts the GOP presidential nomination on Thursday.
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say they’re...
- Elder Ballard visits refugee camps in Germany...
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says violated its...
- Officer charged with murder in teen's death;...
- Group raised suspicions before 5 were shot at...
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back waterboarding
- Minneapolis police say 5 shot near protest scene
- They put the giving in Thanksgiving
- Bigotry? Hatred? Christians say... 48
- Trump says he saw people celebrating... 38
- Carson tops new poll of Utah voters 29
- Donald Trump says he'd bring back... 25
- Kerry: US trying to speed up efforts to... 23
- Terrorism propaganda assignment causes... 15
- Turkey downs Russian jet it says... 14
- New school lunch regulations could turn... 12