In a recent article from the Associated Press printed in the Deseret News about Mitt Romney and his reluctance to share his tax returns, I noticed a very important part of Ann Romney's comment was omitted.
Mitt Romney did not especially want everyone to know how much tithing he paid to his church. This isn't something to broadcast or to brag about. However, at the end of that little item, Ann Romney was quoted as saying she actually cried when she signed the tithing check.
What they neglected to add was something I heard her say after that. She added she was so grateful to be in a situation where she was able to help others to that extent. That needed to be included — she didn't cry about giving that much to the church. She knew it was to help others.
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah...
- My view: Balancing personal conviction and...
- Can Hollywood keep the faith in faith-based...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Re-enactment...
- Letter: Policy disagreement
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have voted for
- Letter: Outdated climate
- My view: Circuit Court's Obamacare decision...
- Mary Barker: The Romney I may have... 69
- Lawrence and Windsor won't trump Utah... 64
- Stuart Reid: Translations of religious... 61
- In our opinion: History will remember... 46
- Dan Liljenquist: Religious liberty and... 46
- Letter: Breeding hate 45
- Letter: Policy disagreement 37
- In our opinion: Use market forces and... 32