In a recent article from the Associated Press printed in the Deseret News about Mitt Romney and his reluctance to share his tax returns, I noticed a very important part of Ann Romney's comment was omitted.
Mitt Romney did not especially want everyone to know how much tithing he paid to his church. This isn't something to broadcast or to brag about. However, at the end of that little item, Ann Romney was quoted as saying she actually cried when she signed the tithing check.
What they neglected to add was something I heard her say after that. She added she was so grateful to be in a situation where she was able to help others to that extent. That needed to be included — she didn't cry about giving that much to the church. She knew it was to help others.
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the family put...
- My view: Torture, morality and the laws of war
- Letter: Bring the prison here
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- In our opinion: Wood burning ban... 37
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 31