In a recent article from the Associated Press printed in the Deseret News about Mitt Romney and his reluctance to share his tax returns, I noticed a very important part of Ann Romney's comment was omitted.
Mitt Romney did not especially want everyone to know how much tithing he paid to his church. This isn't something to broadcast or to brag about. However, at the end of that little item, Ann Romney was quoted as saying she actually cried when she signed the tithing check.
What they neglected to add was something I heard her say after that. She added she was so grateful to be in a situation where she was able to help others to that extent. That needed to be included — she didn't cry about giving that much to the church. She knew it was to help others.
- NYT Opinion: Embracing evangelical...
- Jay Evensen: Why the pioneers give us hope today
- George F. Will: GOP minds are at sea —...
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding Melania...
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the heavy...
- In our opinion: An unsatisfying resolution to...
- Letter: Lead on Social Security
- Letter: Delegates are dividing
- Dan Liljenquist: My theory regarding... 40
- In our opinion: The GOP convention... 31
- Letter: Carbon fee legislation 29
- Letter: Delegates are dividing 23
- Letter: Let feds take over 23
- Michael Gerson: The triumph of cynicism 23
- Letter: Lead on Social Security 20
- My view: Racism, gun violence and the... 18