In a recent article from the Associated Press printed in the Deseret News about Mitt Romney and his reluctance to share his tax returns, I noticed a very important part of Ann Romney's comment was omitted.
Mitt Romney did not especially want everyone to know how much tithing he paid to his church. This isn't something to broadcast or to brag about. However, at the end of that little item, Ann Romney was quoted as saying she actually cried when she signed the tithing check.
What they neglected to add was something I heard her say after that. She added she was so grateful to be in a situation where she was able to help others to that extent. That needed to be included — she didn't cry about giving that much to the church. She knew it was to help others.
- Letter: No labels in 2016?
- John Florez: Businesses should help pay for...
- In our opinion: Research suggests that...
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics reflects...
- Letter: Our public lands
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from the...
- My view: Your family stories have the power...
- My view: The solution to Utah's water problems
- Richard Davis: Do presidents have to be... 56
- My view: Get insurance out of health care 49
- My view: Obama's veto won't save Obamacare 35
- In our opinion: Attempting to... 32
- My view: 'Death with dignity' and... 27
- In our opinion: Concerned voters a good... 23
- Dan Liljenquist: What we learned from... 19
- Mantua speed trap 17