In a recent article from the Associated Press printed in the Deseret News about Mitt Romney and his reluctance to share his tax returns, I noticed a very important part of Ann Romney's comment was omitted.
Mitt Romney did not especially want everyone to know how much tithing he paid to his church. This isn't something to broadcast or to brag about. However, at the end of that little item, Ann Romney was quoted as saying she actually cried when she signed the tithing check.
What they neglected to add was something I heard her say after that. She added she was so grateful to be in a situation where she was able to help others to that extent. That needed to be included — she didn't cry about giving that much to the church. She knew it was to help others.
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified rhetoric
- Letter: We can do better
- John Florez: Teach our children the love of...
- David Butterfield: Utah boxing legends...
- In our opinion: Recent drowning of 800...
- In our opinion: Navajo Nation looks to combat...
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling amid...
- My view: Problems with Rep. Mike Noel’s...
- Richard Davis: A historic moment for... 60
- Jay Evensen: U.S. silence troubling... 57
- Letter: Fair living wage 33
- Letter: Climate change is unjustified... 29
- In our opinion: Time to separate food... 25
- A. Scott Anderson: Overregulation hurts... 25
- Letter: Pledge for respect 24
- Letter: We can do better 22