12. Lone Peak (1-1)
Was: 13. Last week: Beat Mountain Crest, 23-21. Outlook: Staring at an 0-2 start, the Knights gutted out a miraculous victory at Mountain Crest. Next up: vs. Timpview, Friday.
13. Mountain Crest (1-1)
Was: 12. Last week: Lost to Lone Peak, 23-21. Outlook: Was one second away from beating defending 5A champion Lone Peak, but was stunned by a 47-yard field goal as time expired. Next up: at Woods Cross, Friday.
14. Highland (2-0)
Was: 14. Last week: Beat Cedar, 27-0. Outlook: Despite perfect start, the coaching staff wants to see more intensity from its players this preseason to set a precedent heading into brutal Region 6. Next up: at Herriman, Friday.
15. Logan (1-1)
Was: 17. Last week: Beat Cottonwood, 33-0. Outlook: Bounced back nicely from its horrific season-opening loss to Northridge with a convincing shutout victory over a qualify Cottonwood team. Next up: at Bountiful, Friday.
16. Pleasant Grove (2-0)
Was: 19. Last week: Beat Provo, 41-7. Outlook: Just two games into the season, the Vikings are proving they're a team to be reckoned with in Region 4. Next up: at Timpanogos, Friday.
17. Riverton (2-0)
Was: 20. Last week: Beat Herriman, 23-22. Outlook: Following an impressive win over Herriman at Rice-Eccles Stadium, the 'Wolves hit the road for consecutive games against Syracuse and Alta. Next up: at Syracuse, Friday.
18. Granger (2-0)
Was: 24. Last week: Beat Murray, 53-22. Outlook: The offense is putting up huge points thus far under first-year coach Cecil Thomas, but the Lancers tougher tests are yet to come. Next up: at Cyprus, Friday.
19. Herriman (1-1)
Was: 7. Last week: Lost to Riverton, 23-22. Outlook: Gamble to go for two in overtime against rival Riverton backfired this time around as Herriman suffered its first loss of the year. Next up: vs. Highland, Friday.
20. Davis (1-1)
Was: 22. Last week: Beat Viewmont, 35-7. Outlook: Following a dismal opener, the offense was much better in Week 2 victory over Viewmont. Next up: vs. Cottonwood, Thursday.
21. Juan Diego (2-0)
Was: 23. Last week: Beat Manti, 28-6. Outlook: The Soaring Eagle defense has been fantastic thus far, while the offense has done just enough each week. Next up: at Springville, Friday.
22. Spanish Fork (2-0)
- BYU's Mendenhall not surprised Petersen left...
- Update: Christensen named Utah's new...
- Dick Harmon: Can Dave Rose's Cougars regroup...
- High school basketball: Friday's prep roundup
- Brad Rock: Whittingham will rise or fall with...
- Utah Jazz: Millslammed! Former Jazz players,...
- BYU football: Cougars return to practice in...
- BYU faces No. 13 Oregon — another...
- Update: Christensen named Utah's new... 103
- BYU's Kyle Van Noy named CBSSports.com... 43
- Utah basketball: Ute sophomore Jordan... 32
- Commentary: For the Jazz, it's all... 32
- Utah basketball: Utes top Texas State,... 32
- Local college football: Cougars, Utes... 30
- BYU football: Cougars return to... 28
- BYU basketball: Cougars moving on after... 27