1. East (2-0)
Was: 2. Last week: Beat West, 48-9. Outlook: One of the best defenses in the state faces a major challenge is week against Austin Kafentzis and Co. Next up: vs. Jordan, Friday.
2. Alta (2-0)
Was: 3. Last week: Beat Bingham, 17-16. Outlook: Snapped a four-game losing skid against Bingham with a thrilling win in Black & Blue Classic at Rice-Eccles Stadium. Next up: at Olympus, Friday.
3. Jordan (2-0)
Was: 4. Last week: Beat Layton, 56-14. Outlook: Utah's best offensive team has outscored its first two opponents by a combined 109-26. Next up: at East, Friday.
4. Syracuse (2-0)
Was: 5. Last week: Beat Skyline, 30-0. Outlook: After two relatively easy wins to open the season, the Titans face first tough test of the season against undefeated Riverton. Next up: vs. Riverton, Friday.
5. Bingham (1-1)
Was: 1. Last week: Lost to Alta, 17-16. Outlook: Dropped heartbreaker to Alta on botched extra point, but it doesn't get any easier against one of Colorado's best. Next up: vs. Valor Christian, Colo., Saturday.
6. Bountiful (2-0)
Was: 6. Last week: Beat Mountain View, 35-7. Outlook: Backed up Lone Peak win with solid showing against Mountain View, but Logan could be its toughest test yet. Next up: vs. Logan, Friday.
7. Northridge (2-0)
Was: 8. Last week: Beat Olympus, 33-0. Outlook: Blanked Olympus last week for its first shutout since October of 2009 against Roy. Next up: at Kearns, Friday.
8. Hurricane (2-0)
Was: 11. Last week: Beat West Jordan, 28-14. Outlook: Jared Edwards torched West Jordan's defense with 4 rushing TDs in another methodical win for the Tigers. Next up: vs. Legacy, Nev., Friday.
9. Brighton (2-0)
Was: 15. Last week: Beat Fremont, 27-0. Outlook: The Masina boys are make the most of an experienced line, and the Bengals appear to be the real deal this year. Next up: at Sky View, Friday.
10. Timpview (1-1)
Was: 9. Last week: Beat Westlake, 28-0. Outlook: Showed no hangover from Alta loss, but the schedule gets much tougher this week against defending 5A state champs. Next up: at Lone Peak, Friday.
11. Woods Cross (2-0)
Was: 16. Last week: Beat Bonneville, 36-0. Outlook: Following quality wins to start the season, it hosts Mountain Crest in a dandy game this week. Next up: vs. Mountain Crest, Friday.
12. Lone Peak (1-1)
- Dick Harmon: Presence of injured stars looms...
- BYU-Memphis an 'intriguing' bowl matchup
- Brad Rock: This is where conference switch...
- Gordon Hayward happy to be moving on with...
- Tyler Haws scores 24 as BYU holds off Stanford
- Wyoming transfer Jason Thompson makes Utah...
- Cougars gain a lot over Final Four weekend...
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs....
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 63
- Big winner: Utes hit jackpot early and... 55
- Hamson and Gray step up big to get BYU... 45
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in... 35
- Ute football team has boots on the... 33
- Brad Rock: This is where conference... 33
- Miami Beach Bowl live coverage: BYU vs.... 31
- Ranking the biggest bowl games in... 28