BYU football: Michael Alisa now living his dream as a running back for the Cougars
During his BYU career, Alisa has spent time seeking advice from such former Cougar running backs as Unga and Fui Vakapuna.
"Harvey's a mentor to me. He's been invaluable to my career," Alisa said. "The same goes with Fui. I talk to both of those guys about football and what they think, from how to run to how to handle pressure off the field to whether or not to add more weight. They've been giving me tips and pointers all throughout my career and it's been helpful.
"I look up to those guys so much, not only for what they've done here as football players, but how they treat me off the field and the good friends that they are."
Alisa has realized his dream. And nobody thinks he is crazy for wanting to be a running back anymore.
Cougars on the air
Washington State (0-0)
at BYU (0-0)
Thursday, 8:15 p.m. MT
LaVell Edwards Stadium, Provo
TV: ESPN Radio: 1160 AM, 102.7 FM
- Amy Donaldson: LDS boxer B.J. Flores hopes...
- BYU football: Fan-developed software gives...
- Dick Harmon: BYU coach Mike Littlewood...
- High school boys track: Davis wins another 5A...
- If hired, Jeff Hornacek will face same...
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state tournament...
- High school girls track: Davis wins...
- Boys high school top track performances, 2013...
- Utes football recruiting: Polynesian... 84
- USA Rugby: 'What BYU won ... was a... 78
- Mormon NFL safety Eric Weddle:... 68
- Ryan Teeples: Ziggy Ansah's story... 68
- High school baseball: 5A, 4A state... 52
- Utah Utes football: Dr. Chris Hill... 39
- High school football: Riley Nelson... 30
- Brad Rock: USU athletics can go home again 21