Mormon missionaries said driver crashed while giving them middle finger, looking back
Tom Smart, Deseret News
Our take: An Indiana man faces prison time after crashing his car while heckling LDS missionaries.
"A Bainbridge man who flipped his car on S. Locust Street Saturday was sentenced to one day in prison and ordered to pay $820 in fines and court fees Tuesday in front of a Putnam County judge.
"Greencastle police arrested Benjamin Brewer, 24, Saturday after he flipped his silver Honda Civic in front of Sigma Chi fraternity and Gobin Memorial Church while driving intoxicated over the legal limit.
"The car was driving northbound when it reportedly crashed around 8:40 p.m. Scott Brezenski and Myles Anderton, two missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, said that the driver crashed while he raised his middle finger towards them while they walked past."
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- Child sex trafficking bust reveals worries...
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should offer...
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule; scores killed
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- Democrats have million-dollar day on impeachment
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 46
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 25
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 18
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 16
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 13
- Israel hits symbols of Hamas rule;... 12