SALT LAKE CITY — Utah State University Extension in Salt Lake County will hold a class on home buying Aug. 28 and 29 from 5:30-9 p.m.
The class, "Opening the Door to Homeownership," will be at the Salt Lake County Government Center, 2001 S. State Street, Room S1010.
"The course is geared toward first-time home buyers, but anyone who is considering buying a home should attend the class," Marilyn Albertson, USU Extension family and consumer sciences associate professor, said in a news release. Albertson will teach the course.
"The program will teach those who attend to be financially prepared and to know how to work with professionals who will help in the process."
Topics covered include credit, creating a budget, choosing a realtor, selecting a lender, finding grant programs, closing the loan, benefits of homeownership and preventing foreclosure.
Cost for the class is $25 per household. Another two-day class will be held Nov. 27-28, and an all-day class will be Oct. 13. A short counseling session will be provided for each household with follow-up counseling provided as needed.
For more information on the home buyer class and to register, call 801-468-3179.
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a hobby,...
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie?
- ‘Jackie & Ryan’ showcases beauty...
- The Clean Cut: 5-year-old British boy reacts...
- Utah company brings Disney characters to...
- Mother, former LDS seminary teacher creates...
- How to thrive in college: A freshman survival...
- 'Once I Was a Beehive' gets national release
- Why do we need an R-rated Hobbit movie? 14
- Parents using infertility treatment to... 7
- Teens are shopping more like their... 6
- Want to improve your marriage? Get a... 6
- Sherry Young: A mother's glimpse into... 5
- Ground to be broken Thursday afternoon... 5
- Trust, forgiveness and repentance are... 5
- Want your marriage to last? Have... 5