SALT LAKE CITY — Utah State University Extension in Salt Lake County will hold a class on home buying Aug. 28 and 29 from 5:30-9 p.m.
The class, "Opening the Door to Homeownership," will be at the Salt Lake County Government Center, 2001 S. State Street, Room S1010.
"The course is geared toward first-time home buyers, but anyone who is considering buying a home should attend the class," Marilyn Albertson, USU Extension family and consumer sciences associate professor, said in a news release. Albertson will teach the course.
"The program will teach those who attend to be financially prepared and to know how to work with professionals who will help in the process."
Topics covered include credit, creating a budget, choosing a realtor, selecting a lender, finding grant programs, closing the loan, benefits of homeownership and preventing foreclosure.
Cost for the class is $25 per household. Another two-day class will be held Nov. 27-28, and an all-day class will be Oct. 13. A short counseling session will be provided for each household with follow-up counseling provided as needed.
For more information on the home buyer class and to register, call 801-468-3179.
- Beat the heat: 33 free splash pads in Utah
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the fun out...
- This is what you look like to a newborn baby
- When Satan steals your motherhood
- Behind the rapid shift in public opinion on...
- UTubers: Lexi Walker sings national anthem at...
- UTubers: Lindsey Stirling posts video of...
- BYU's Vocal Point hopes to 'uplift and...
- When Satan steals your motherhood 70
- Brooke Romney: Why we are taking the... 42
- Behind the rapid shift in public... 25
- BYUtv announces cancellation of... 8
- We're doing youth soccer wrong: The... 6
- A look at same-sex marriage reaction... 5
- Obama lauds high court decision on gay... 5
- LDS musician Alex Boyé thrills... 5