SALT LAKE CITY — Utah State University Extension in Salt Lake County will hold a class on home buying Aug. 28 and 29 from 5:30-9 p.m.
The class, "Opening the Door to Homeownership," will be at the Salt Lake County Government Center, 2001 S. State Street, Room S1010.
"The course is geared toward first-time home buyers, but anyone who is considering buying a home should attend the class," Marilyn Albertson, USU Extension family and consumer sciences associate professor, said in a news release. Albertson will teach the course.
"The program will teach those who attend to be financially prepared and to know how to work with professionals who will help in the process."
Topics covered include credit, creating a budget, choosing a realtor, selecting a lender, finding grant programs, closing the loan, benefits of homeownership and preventing foreclosure.
Cost for the class is $25 per household. Another two-day class will be held Nov. 27-28, and an all-day class will be Oct. 13. A short counseling session will be provided for each household with follow-up counseling provided as needed.
For more information on the home buyer class and to register, call 801-468-3179.
- A father's bucket list: 10 things I want to...
- 5 underrated Disney movies
- Lexi Hansen forgives driver who hit her (+video)
- The top 10 dream colleges in 2015
- The Clean Cut: Time-lapse video captures...
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy Fallon...
- Motherhood Matters: When there is nothing...
- What makes marriage hard? These 5 things...
- 'Maternal feminists' defend motherhood... 54
- What makes marriage hard? These 5... 18
- 5 underrated Disney movies 14
- The Clean Cut: Mitt Romney, Jimmy... 9
- Linda & Richard Eyre: Baby boomers,... 6
- Teens may be even more distracted... 4
- What accounts for the cinematic... 3
- The Clean Cut: BYU students' video... 2