SALT LAKE CITY — Utah State University Extension in Salt Lake County will hold a class on home buying Aug. 28 and 29 from 5:30-9 p.m.
The class, "Opening the Door to Homeownership," will be at the Salt Lake County Government Center, 2001 S. State Street, Room S1010.
"The course is geared toward first-time home buyers, but anyone who is considering buying a home should attend the class," Marilyn Albertson, USU Extension family and consumer sciences associate professor, said in a news release. Albertson will teach the course.
"The program will teach those who attend to be financially prepared and to know how to work with professionals who will help in the process."
Topics covered include credit, creating a budget, choosing a realtor, selecting a lender, finding grant programs, closing the loan, benefits of homeownership and preventing foreclosure.
Cost for the class is $25 per household. Another two-day class will be held Nov. 27-28, and an all-day class will be Oct. 13. A short counseling session will be provided for each household with follow-up counseling provided as needed.
For more information on the home buyer class and to register, call 801-468-3179.
- Alex Boye to make second appearance on NBC's...
- 31 things you might not know about the Harry...
- 20 things I wish I would have known before...
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an...
- The Clean Cut: Boy receives first pediatric...
- Dear daughter, when did I last wash your hair?
- Mormon thrill ride creator still generating...
- What I learned after my son broke his foot
- 'The Book of Mormon' musical is an... 118
- ValueSpeak: 'Goodbye, Farewell and Amen' 4
- Beating the odds: Trip to the White... 4
- 20 things I wish I would have known... 4
- Mormon thrill ride creator still... 2
- Alex Boye to make second appearance on... 2
- Cruise, Ferguson deliver a winner with... 1
- Renovation Solutions: Finding more... 1