Los Angeles Angels outfielder Peter Bourjos to play for the Salt Lake Bees tonight
SALT LAKE CITY — The Los Angeles Angels of Anaheim announced today that outfielder Peter Bourjos will begin a rehab assignment with the Salt Lake Bees in tonight's home game against the Tucson Padres.
Bourjos, 25, was placed on the disabled list on Aug. 22 with a sore right wrist. In 88 games with the Angels this season, he is hitting .227 with seven doubles, three home runs and two stolen bases. In 2011, Bourjos hit .271 with 11 triples, 26 doubles, 12 home runs, 43 RBI and 22 stolen bases.
Bourjos registered a .314 batting average with 13 doubles, 12 triples, 13 home runs, 52 RBI and 27 stolen bases in 102 games with the Bees in 2010 prior to making his major league debut with the Angels on August 3, 2010. The 2010 Pacific Coast League Rookie of the Year and Scottsdale, Ariz., native was originally selected by the Angels in the 10th round of the 2005 Draft.
The Salt Lake Bees begin the team's final eight-game home series of the regular season today at 7:05 p.m. against the Tucson Padres. Tickets are available by calling (801) 325-BASE or by visiting slbees.com.
- Newcomers enjoy BYU hoops debut in Cougar Tipoff
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the...
- Live streams: 2A & 3A volleyball championship...
- High school football: Improbable final play...
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Former BYU pitcher Jeremy Guthrie's little...
- Mormons in the rodeo: LDS competitors find...
- Utah Jazz fall to Rockets on opening night
- BYU needs win at Middle Tennessee to... 78
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 58
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 54
- High school football: State tournament... 50
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 30