Here are some things to watch for at the GOP convention Monday:
1. WHEN THE RAINS CAME: Tropical Storm Isaac was on course to pass west of the convention city of Tampa, Fla., and instead was targeting a broad swatch of the Gulf Coast, including New Orleans. Flood warnings, wind, rain and thunderstorms were in Tampa's weather forecast for the week.
2. WAIT 'TIL TUESDAY: Republicans announce a leaner convention schedule to begin Tuesday — after canceling all events Monday except for a symbolic, 10-minute opening because of the approaching storm. How will a town full of eager delegates spend the day now?
3. NO BIDEN: Florida does without the nation's current vice president on Monday. Joe Biden scrapped a campaign swing through the state on account of the storm.
4. LOGISTICAL RESHUFFLINGS: Even with no formal convention events, lots of GOP luncheons and engagements are scheduled — and some are being relocated to accommodate possible inclement weather. Among the displaced happenings: a breakfast with New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie, and a brunch with former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice and House Speaker John Boehner.
5. AND AN EXTRA DAY OF ANTICIPATION: Convention delayed will not be convention denied, say some enthusiastic participants. "We're ready to blow the roofs off on Tuesday night," says Mitch Zak, media director for California's GOP delegation.
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host a...
- Religious companies can now opt out of paying...
- Deported Mexicans find new life at call centers
- Huckabee: 'Stop the fight' over Common Core
- Bridezilla, meet 'Bridechilla'
- Photographer is using portraits to combat...
- Rev. Al Sharpton plays prominent role in...
- Pentagon cites 'dangerous' Chinese jet intercept
- Farm owners fined for refusing to host... 121
- Obama vows justice for killers of U.S.... 29
- 'Don't know' if Missouri teen shot with... 26
- Police, protesters collide again in... 25
- Texas Gov. Perry assembles high-powered... 23
- Federal judge: Florida gay-marriage ban... 17
- Allow student loan bankruptcies,... 17
- Another American hostage at risk by... 13