SACRAMENTO — Luis Jimenez belted a three run homer in the fifth inning to snap a 1-1 tie and send the Salt Lake Bees to a 4-2 win over the Sacramento River Cats on Sunday night.
Trailing 1-0, the Bees tied the game in the fourth on an RBI double by Efren Navarro before Jimenez drilled a 2-0 pitch over the left field wall to put the Bees in front.
Sacramento scored one run in the ninth and had the potential tying runs on base when Bobby Cassevah struck out Jason Jaramillo to end the game and record his tenth save. Barry Enright (12-7) gave up four hits and walked six in five innings, but allowed just one run for the win. Calhoun led the Bees with three hits and two runs scored, while Navarro added two hits and one RBI, as Salt Lake takes three out of five at Sacramento.
OREM 10, HELENA 4: At Helena, Mont., the Owlz scored three runs in the first inning and never looked back in a win over the Brewers.
Wade Hinkle smacked his 14th home run of the season for Orem (16-11), a two-run shot in the first inning.
OGDEN 7, BILLINGS 5: At Ogden, Kazuki Nishijima tossed two innings of one-hit ball and improved to 8-1 on the season as the Raptors topped the Mustangs.
Ogden (16-12) tied a Pioneer League record as five Raptors were hit by pitches.
Up next: tonight vs. Tucson, 7:05 p.m.
Next homestand: Today- September 3 vs Tucson and Sacramento.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 48
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26