SACRAMENTO — Luis Jimenez belted a three run homer in the fifth inning to snap a 1-1 tie and send the Salt Lake Bees to a 4-2 win over the Sacramento River Cats on Sunday night.
Trailing 1-0, the Bees tied the game in the fourth on an RBI double by Efren Navarro before Jimenez drilled a 2-0 pitch over the left field wall to put the Bees in front.
Sacramento scored one run in the ninth and had the potential tying runs on base when Bobby Cassevah struck out Jason Jaramillo to end the game and record his tenth save. Barry Enright (12-7) gave up four hits and walked six in five innings, but allowed just one run for the win. Calhoun led the Bees with three hits and two runs scored, while Navarro added two hits and one RBI, as Salt Lake takes three out of five at Sacramento.
OREM 10, HELENA 4: At Helena, Mont., the Owlz scored three runs in the first inning and never looked back in a win over the Brewers.
Wade Hinkle smacked his 14th home run of the season for Orem (16-11), a two-run shot in the first inning.
OGDEN 7, BILLINGS 5: At Ogden, Kazuki Nishijima tossed two innings of one-hit ball and improved to 8-1 on the season as the Raptors topped the Mustangs.
Ogden (16-12) tied a Pioneer League record as five Raptors were hit by pitches.
Up next: tonight vs. Tucson, 7:05 p.m.
Next homestand: Today- September 3 vs Tucson and Sacramento.
- Dick Harmon: Taysom Hill steals center stage...
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10
- BYU's suspended players expected to be back...
- BYU coach, players answer questions at fireside
- High school football: Friday's roundup
- Dick Harmon: BYU victory comes with 4 rookies...
- Saturday morning quarterback: 3 stars and...
- Daniel Sorensen makes Chiefs 53-man roster,...
- College football predictions: How will... 141
- The good, the bad and the most likely:... 63
- First steps: Utes open season with... 63
- It's go time for the Utes: Utah kicks... 57
- Fast start propels BYU past UConn, 35-10 56
- CBS Sports analyst predicts BYU to Big... 55
- Brad Rock: One thing already missing in... 50
- Brad Rock: What the Utes now know: very... 48