In the years that President Barack Obama has been in office, which is very few, he and the laughable excuses of money handlers have not done anything to cut the national deficit at all, and instead have made cuts into programs, such as our advantage in space exploration, to pay for things that may work on paper but don't in the real world.
In his mind, Obama's plans work. If they worked, why are we not working? To take and paraphrase a line from the film "Top Gun," he is writing checks this country can't cash.
Having the government try to regulate everything from business to health care is not true capitalism. That is more akin to a form of government that eventually falls in upon itself. I believe it is called communism.
- Robert Bennett: Obama has his own 'killer...
- In our opinion: Trouble on tap? Colleges...
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more than a...
- In our opinion: Labor Day revisited
- John Hoffmire: Monied interests and democracy
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: How Utah...
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 45
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Drew Clark: Religious freedom is more... 41
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to... 37
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- Letter: Society puzzles 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 32
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common... 31