In the years that President Barack Obama has been in office, which is very few, he and the laughable excuses of money handlers have not done anything to cut the national deficit at all, and instead have made cuts into programs, such as our advantage in space exploration, to pay for things that may work on paper but don't in the real world.
In his mind, Obama's plans work. If they worked, why are we not working? To take and paraphrase a line from the film "Top Gun," he is writing checks this country can't cash.
Having the government try to regulate everything from business to health care is not true capitalism. That is more akin to a form of government that eventually falls in upon itself. I believe it is called communism.
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme Court...
- John Florez: A father's heartbreaking letter
- Robert J. Samuelson: The Olympic sinkhole
- In our opinion: Finding – not forcing...
- Drew Clark: Will 2016 be the breakout year...
- My view: The supergentrification of Sugar House
- Michael Gerson: The Dalai Lama's path to peace
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: The 'bathroom...
- In our opinion: Finding – not... 80
- Letter: Nothing is 'free' 50
- In our opinion: Divided 8-judge Supreme... 49
- Richard Davis: Who needs to go to the... 27
- Those intolerable TSA security lines 22
- Jay Evensen: Like it or not, politics... 20
- On Second Thought: A lighthearted look... 19
- Letter: Citizens have a duty 19