CARSON CITY, Nev. — The Bureau of Land Management says it's completed a roundup of wild horses in the Desatoya Mountains east of Fallon.
About 430 horses were gathered. Of those, the BLM says 24 stallions were released back to the range. Captured horses were taken either to the Palomino Wild Horse Adoption Center north of Sparks, or a facility in Gunnison, Utah. The horses will be prepared for adoption. Animals deemed unadoptable will be sent to long-term facilities.
— Associated Press
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort
- NTSB: Plane that crashed in Arizona killing...
- Witnesses at Utah trial: No security-camera...
- Ginsburg: High court won't 'duck' gay marriage
- Israel vows to destroy Hamas tunnels, with or...
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias...
- House leaders abandon border bill
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 53
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 46
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 36
- No national launch for Draft Mitt effort 33
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 30
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 28
- House leaders abandon border bill 22
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against... 14