CARSON CITY, Nev. — The Bureau of Land Management says it's completed a roundup of wild horses in the Desatoya Mountains east of Fallon.
About 430 horses were gathered. Of those, the BLM says 24 stallions were released back to the range. Captured horses were taken either to the Palomino Wild Horse Adoption Center north of Sparks, or a facility in Gunnison, Utah. The horses will be prepared for adoption. Animals deemed unadoptable will be sent to long-term facilities.
— Associated Press
- Photos: UCLA wades through damage caused by...
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the time'
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias...
- Probe exposes flaws behind HealthCare.gov...
- Child sex trafficking bust reveals worries...
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit against Obama
- GOP-led House approves lawsuit against Obama
- Witness: More Oklahoma bombing videos may exist
- Obama to GOP: 'Stop just hating all the... 45
- US Court: Virginia marriage is for all... 44
- Most Americans believe the U.S. should... 27
- GOP-led House ready to OK lawsuit... 26
- GOP: Lois Lerner's IRS emails show bias... 24
- Obama maintains busy fundraising... 22
- Fast food workers vow civil disobedience 20
- Democrats have million-dollar day on... 14