2012 college football preview: Utah Utes player to watch
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Although small in stature, big things are expected from 5-foot-8, 178-pound Geoff Norwood, a walk-on from Los Angeles who has worked his way into the rotation at wide receiver and as a punt returner.
Norwood transferred to Utah after playing his freshman season at Fullerton (Calif.) College. A wrist injury, however, sidelined him in 2011 — putting his debut with the Utes on hold until now. He has three years of eligibility remaining.
Norwood earned all-conference honors at Fullerton, averaging 18.2 yards per reception and 11.3 yards on punt returns. He scored 15 touchdowns as a senior at Crenshaw High.
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah State
- Dick Harmon: How a simple decision in the...
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with Wagner...
- Doug Robinson: A victory lap for Hot Rod Hundley
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for Miami...
- Utah Jazz pick up rare road win against Miami...
- Blocking the net helped propel BYU to Final...
- Ready or not, Vegas: Here come the Utes
- 4-star offensive line commit Kieffer... 67
- BYU has something to prove, looking to... 60
- BYU whips Weber State, gets a scare... 48
- BYU defensive back transferring to Utah... 43
- BYU sells close to 2,000 tickets for... 35
- BYU football: Cougars in talks with... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU guard Tyler Haws the... 30
- BYU women's volleyball advances to the... 25