2012 college football preview: Utah Utes player to watch
Jeffrey D. Allred, Deseret News
Although small in stature, big things are expected from 5-foot-8, 178-pound Geoff Norwood, a walk-on from Los Angeles who has worked his way into the rotation at wide receiver and as a punt returner.
Norwood transferred to Utah after playing his freshman season at Fullerton (Calif.) College. A wrist injury, however, sidelined him in 2011 — putting his debut with the Utes on hold until now. He has three years of eligibility remaining.
Norwood earned all-conference honors at Fullerton, averaging 18.2 yards per reception and 11.3 yards on punt returns. He scored 15 touchdowns as a senior at Crenshaw High.
- Jimmer Fredette on defense: 'You have to have...
- Red and Blue Recruits: The evaluation process...
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed as...
- The Heisman Trophy tracker, Week 8: A Utah...
- Watch it live: 4A girls soccer semifinals
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as Utes'...
- Reeling Cougars 'starving for some redemption'
- Utah Jazz point guard Trey Burke getting an...
- Nevada rallies to beat BYU, 42-35 68
- Dick Harmon: BYU amasses yards but... 49
- Mired in 3-game losing streak, BYU... 49
- Dick Harmon: Even more urgency needed... 49
- FBS football coaches vote BYU most... 39
- Travis Wilson back in the saddle as... 29
- Brad Rock: Utes have their star in... 28
- College football: Utah rises to No. 19... 26