Today, the battle for survival of the U.S. staggers the imagination. It will require the determination and contribution of every red-blooded American living in this cherished land in order to survive this crisis.
America will face future issues that extend far beyond any situation of the past. We'll not only have the threat of foreign enemies as usual, but we'll also have a melee of challenges from within the boundaries of this great country.
Let us stiffen our back, buckle-up, gear down and win this one for Washington, Lincoln, the Gipper and ourselves.
Sidney S. Smith
- In our opinion: National security and the...
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms of...
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment delusion
- My view: They run toward danger
- Jay Evensen: On Second Thought: The 1 percent...
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps us strong
- Is it time for our first woman president?
- Medicare Advantage
- In our opinion: National security and... 66
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 43
- Letter: Hillary and FOIA 18
- Letter: No labels in 2016? 17
- In our opinion: The lesson of... 17
- Ralph Hancock: The anti-establishment... 16
- Arthur Cyr: US presidential politics... 13