Today, the battle for survival of the U.S. staggers the imagination. It will require the determination and contribution of every red-blooded American living in this cherished land in order to survive this crisis.
America will face future issues that extend far beyond any situation of the past. We'll not only have the threat of foreign enemies as usual, but we'll also have a melee of challenges from within the boundaries of this great country.
Let us stiffen our back, buckle-up, gear down and win this one for Washington, Lincoln, the Gipper and ourselves.
Sidney S. Smith
- 33 Mark Twain quotes that prove he was an...
- John Florez: Audit reveals politicians'...
- Charles Krauthammer: The nation expects...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a liberal?
- In our opinion: 'Lost Boy of Sudan' shows how...
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges...
- Letter: More informed decisions
- A. Scott Anderson: Give students skills that...
- Richard Davis: Can a Mormon not be a... 77
- Jay Evensen: We're becoming a nation... 43
- Dan Liljenquist: Rights vs. privileges... 37
- My view: The best legislation meets all... 30
- Letter: Legal weapons on campus 30
- Letter: Give her time 26
- In our opinion: Overcome 'election... 24
- In our opinion: Charitable awareness... 23