Today, the battle for survival of the U.S. staggers the imagination. It will require the determination and contribution of every red-blooded American living in this cherished land in order to survive this crisis.
America will face future issues that extend far beyond any situation of the past. We'll not only have the threat of foreign enemies as usual, but we'll also have a melee of challenges from within the boundaries of this great country.
Let us stiffen our back, buckle-up, gear down and win this one for Washington, Lincoln, the Gipper and ourselves.
Sidney S. Smith
- Doug Robinson: The high cost of coaches
- In our opinion: Fabricated Rolling Stone...
- Letter: Costly benefits
- Drew Clark: After 50 years, Moore's Law...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Long-term...
- In our opinion: Liberal arts vs STEM...
- John Florez: America's strength is its...
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a conservative
- Ralph Hancock: Religious freedom and... 75
- Letter: Wrong wage approach 47
- Letter: No more hungry kids 41
- Kathleen Parker: Hillary Clinton's... 40
- Greg Bell: The problem of being a... 40
- Utah's 'grand bargain' stands in sharp... 34
- Letter: Unemployment compensation 33
- Letter: Intimate caucus system 27