Charles Dharapak, File, Associated Press
I believe that presidential candidate Mitt Romney's campaign team has made the right decision to meet the topic of religion head on. There are so many questions on The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, or the Mormon Church, that need to be approached.
Beginning the Republican National Convention with a prayer is a great way to start recognizing his religion in his campaign. It will help clear up some of the concerns about his beliefs. Religion is a big factor in a person's personality and lifestyle. The more his religion is understood and recognized the better we can understand him.
- Doug Robinson: We are in the midst of an era...
- Michael Gerson: The gospel according to JC...
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- Robert J. Samuelson: Government programs...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- In our opinion: Forgiveness, positive focus...
- Matthew Sanders: Nelson Mandela's goodness...
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 62
- My view: Fix Obamacare, don't replace it 57
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 41
- Letter: Doctors unite 40
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 32
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 22
- Letter: Foreign aid 17
- My view: Utah needs to expand Medicaid 14