Many Republicans have also called on Romney to be more forthcoming about his personal wealth and income.
Meantime, Romney wrote an op-ed in The Wall Street Journal touting "what I learned at Bain Capital."
"The lessons I learned over my 15 years at Bain Capital were valuable in helping me turn around the 2002 Winter Olympics in Salt Lake City," he said in the article published Friday. "They also helped me as governor of Massachusetts to turn a budget deficit into a surplus and reduce our unemployment to 4.7 percent. The lessons from that time would help me as president to fix our economy, create jobs and get things done in Washington."
As Romney pushed toward his party's convention, Democrats unveiled more plans for their convention, which follows the GOP events.
Democratic Party officials announced a new slate of speakers, including two prominent businessmen: CarMax co-founder and former CEO Austin Ligon and Costco co-founder and former CEO Jim Sinegal.
Newark Mayor Cory Booker will also speak at the convention, a sign that tensions have eased between him and the Obama campaign after he criticized the president's attacks on Romney's private sector background.
Associated Press writer Kasie Hunt in Washington contributed to this report.
Follow Julie Pace at http://twitter.com/jpaceDC
- From 0.3 to 81.1: What percentage of each...
- 2 on missing Malaysia jet used stolen EU...
- Terrorist attack? Mechanical failure? Reasons...
- Oil slicks found in hunt for Malaysia jet...
- Rutgers faculty council pushes for school to...
- FBI to investigate disappearance of a...
- Report: Ukraine base in Crimea under siege
- No longer loyal to Boy Scouts of America,...
- No longer loyal to Boy Scouts of... 53
- Obama administration allows 2-year... 28
- Putin: Russia has right to use force in... 22
- Disney ending funding to Boy Scouts in... 21
- Half of millennials more likely to lean... 14
- Former IRS official Lois Lerner again... 11
- New Ukraine prime minister: Crimea will... 9
- US announces visa restrictions on Russians 9