SACRAMENTO, Calif., Brandon Hicks' grand slam in the sixth inning turned the game around for Sacramento, as the River Cats defeated the Salt Lake Bees 6-3 on Thursday night.
The Bees had taken a 3-1 lead in the top of the sixth on a two-run homer by John Hester.
A walk and two singles loaded the bases for Sacramento before Hicks drilled a 2-2 pitch from Salt Lake starter Brad Mills over the left-field wall to put the River Cats in front.
Sacramento had taken a 1-0 lead in the third on an RBI double by Brandon Inge, who is on an injury rehab assignment from Oakland, but the Bees tied it in the fourth on a run-scoring ground out by Efren Navarro.
Mills (5-8) took the loss, as he went five innings and allowed five runs on seven hits with five strikeouts and two walks.
With the loss, the Bees now trail first place Reno by six games with 11 left to play.
RAPTORS 5, OSPREY 4: At Ogden, the Raptors held on to a 4-1 lead as Bladimir Franco had two hits.
VOYAGERS 5, OWLZ 3: At Great Falls, Mont., Great Falls scored all of its runs between the fifth and seventh innings to hand Jairo Diaz (5-5) and the Owlz the loss.
Diaz fanned nine batters.
- Why one Mormon man left Hollywood to be a...
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU...
- High school football: 4A all-state teams
- High school football: 5A All-State teams
- Utah Jazz: Jazz forward Richard Jefferson...
- BYU fan reflects: 6 lessons I learned at...
- High school football: East's Ula Tolutau...
- NFL watch: How local players fared in week 14...
- BYU football: Cougars to play... 104
- Crystal ball commentary: National... 98
- Utah football: Utah coach Kyle... 80
- Utah basketball: Utes rally to defeat... 67
- Florida St-Auburn title game to usher... 50
- Dick Harmon: How would BYU's Taysom... 49
- Best and worst of the BYU, Utah and USU... 48
- Utah basketball: Runnin' Utes bounce... 43