I find it hard to believe that this November's presidential election will run over $4 billion when we have an economy that continues to decline and our unemployment is over 8.3 percent (and more for teens and minorities, some time reaching over 25 percent). Where are our values?
To add fuel to the fire, they estimate over 20 percent of registered voters will not vote this November. These non-voters will give a lot of excuses but they don't exercise their most important weapon for change — their vote. With the national debt going over $10 trillion, $4 billion would help reduce the debt.
We need all the registered voters to do their duty as a citizen of this country and vote in November. Non-voters have no right to complain or criticize their government if they don't vote.
Salt Lake City
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot 'progress'...
- Letter: Moral decline
- John Hoffmire: Unknowingly raising another...
- My view: Medicaid will sting Beehive State's...
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage, Utah...
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move forward...
- Letter: My sons
- In our opinion: Some universities targeting...
- Letter: Moral decline 84
- In our opinion: Utah should change law... 81
- Letter: Climate denial 62
- Brian S. Brown: In defending marriage,... 51
- In our opinion: Some universities... 45
- Politico Magazine: If Mitt Romney runs... 44
- Ralph Hancock: Society cannot... 43
- Robert Bennett: Obama should not move... 40