I find it hard to believe that this November's presidential election will run over $4 billion when we have an economy that continues to decline and our unemployment is over 8.3 percent (and more for teens and minorities, some time reaching over 25 percent). Where are our values?
To add fuel to the fire, they estimate over 20 percent of registered voters will not vote this November. These non-voters will give a lot of excuses but they don't exercise their most important weapon for change — their vote. With the national debt going over $10 trillion, $4 billion would help reduce the debt.
We need all the registered voters to do their duty as a citizen of this country and vote in November. Non-voters have no right to complain or criticize their government if they don't vote.
Salt Lake City
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Lois M. Collins: School start times are...
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Same-sex...
- Carmen Rasmusen Herbert: Lessons learned from...
- Letter: Police brutality
- In our opinion: UTA to reconnect?
- Doug Robinson: When did Missouri turn into...
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 76
- Letter: Police brutality 58
- Whitt Flora: It's time to put U.S.... 35
- A. Scott Anderson: The world needs... 26
- Robert J. Samuelson: Do Democrats do it... 24
- Join the discussion: Is Rick Perry's... 23
- In our opinion: To be vigilant,... 23
- Letter: Parking questions 22