Jay Atkinson writes that President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden ought to provide their tax returns going back 10 years in order to have Mitt Romney do the same (Readers' Forum, Aug. 22). Atkinson was probably unaware that the president has provided his tax returns going back to 2000, and the vice president to 1998. These are publicly available for viewing at www.taxhistory.org by clicking on the "Presidential Tax Returns" link on the left.
This took me approximately one minute to find, including the time it took me to walk from the newspaper to my computer.
- Jay Evensen: Ask people in the Third World if...
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal benefits of...
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe?
- My view: Medical marijuana: Google vs. PubMed
- My view: Does going to pot send the wrong...
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography...
- Rely on invisible hand?
- George F. Will: Break the dentists' hold on...
- In our opinion: National security and... 79
- Robert J. Samuelson: The false charms... 58
- Is it time for our first woman president? 55
- My view: Scouting: Friend or foe? 39
- Barack Obama: Religious freedom keeps... 33
- Jay Evensen: Legislature's pornography... 32
- In our opinion: Alleged medicinal... 29
- Letter: Coal and job creation 23