Jay Atkinson writes that President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden ought to provide their tax returns going back 10 years in order to have Mitt Romney do the same (Readers' Forum, Aug. 22). Atkinson was probably unaware that the president has provided his tax returns going back to 2000, and the vice president to 1998. These are publicly available for viewing at www.taxhistory.org by clicking on the "Presidential Tax Returns" link on the left.
This took me approximately one minute to find, including the time it took me to walk from the newspaper to my computer.
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet
- School fees: Is Utah really family friendly?
- Charles Krauthammer: Solution to inversion is...
- Jay Evensen: Utahns support Common Core, even...
- 20 of the most influential and innovative...
- Michael Gerson: State of Israel: History...
- Letter: Society puzzles
- Equality in family life does not mean sameness
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb:... 82
- Letter: Police brutality 62
- School fees: Is Utah really family... 48
- Mary Barker: Our economic discourse... 43
- Richard Davis: The State Board can do... 42
- Constitutional commitments trump tribal... 35
- In our opinion: A slippery 'immoral' Tweet 33
- Join the discussion: Is Common Core... 29