Jay Atkinson writes that President Barack Obama and Vice President Joe Biden ought to provide their tax returns going back 10 years in order to have Mitt Romney do the same (Readers' Forum, Aug. 22). Atkinson was probably unaware that the president has provided his tax returns going back to 2000, and the vice president to 1998. These are publicly available for viewing at www.taxhistory.org by clicking on the "Presidential Tax Returns" link on the left.
This took me approximately one minute to find, including the time it took me to walk from the newspaper to my computer.
- Disputes over specialized license plates...
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change...
- My view: Chaffetz named ‘politician of...
- In our opinion: Water, a precious commodity
- Lessons from 'Christmas Carol'
- Letter: Monolingual minorities
- Dan Liljenquist: Being good for goodness sake
- Charles Krauthammer: Democrats use... 78
- In our opinion: Police training should... 45
- Mike Lee: Change is coming to Washington 44
- Robert Bennett: More political... 36
- My view: Chaffetz named... 34
- Letter: Patriots or serfs? 33
- Susan Roylance: Definition of the... 32
- Jay Evensen: Cuba not likely to change... 30