Our take: With the parenting roles of mothers and fathers evolving, much has been said about mothers juggling raising kids and pursuing a career. But what about dads? In her article written for the Huffington Post, Marlo Thomas gives a small spotlight on modern dads who are finding ways to be involved more in their kids' lives.
I usually spend a lot of time in this space talking about women. Women's rights and the women's movement have been my passion for more than forty years, and there's still a lot to discuss. But today I want to talk about men -- specifically dads.
I'd like to take a poll: How many fathers right now have a screen shot of their kids on their iPhone or desktop? How many Dads change diapers or babysit while Mom goes out to see a movie or have dinner with her girlfriends? How many pull their hair out trying to remember the basics of Algebra so they can help their children with their homework? And for you guys with daughters, how many of you have sat on the edge of your seat on Parents Day at ballet class, your attention more rapt than when you're watching the final seconds of a football game?
- Things that changed my view of marriage forever
- Mom battling cancer determined to live for...
- 42 ways to make your kids feel absolutely loved
- 6 science-fiction and fantasy movies inspired...
- The Clean Cut: Military father surprises...
- 'I am Adam Lanza's Mother' author Liza Long...
- Woman's happiness most important to having a...
- 10 compliments your kids need to hear
- The economy has begun to recover, but... 24
- Things that changed my view of marriage... 21
- The changing definition of 'TV': What... 13
- Should I stay or should I go? How faith... 10
- Jon Heder becomes Napoleon Dynamite... 9
- 42 ways to make your kids feel... 7
- How net neutrality impacts online news... 6
- Woman's happiness most important to... 5