Ravell Call, Ravell Call, Deseret News
Above, students in Marci Law's third-grade class at Jordan Hills Elementary chat with 1st Sgt. Bryan Smethurst via Skype from Afghanistan. During the session Smethurst was pleasantly surprised when his wife, son and mother joined in. Smethurst, who is Law's brother, previously had received letters from students in the class. At left, Becky Smethurst, pictured second from left and the wife of 1st Sgt. Bryan Smethurst, is emotional as she learns she will be talking by computer with her husband in Afghanistan. Also pictured, from left to right, are Jace Smethurst, son of Bryan and Becky, Bryan's mother Rowdy Bowcutt and Marci Law, the class' teacher and sister of Bryan.
- 5 places your money might be hiding
- Top 7 money-saving tips for summer travel
- Ballet West artists prepare original works...
- Police suspect arson in house fire that...
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue atop...
- Horse owners urged to have animals vaccinated
- Judiciary panel OK’s ex-Centerville...
- Bank bomb scare prompts evacuation of...
- Utah and 10 states sue Obama... 34
- Teacher on leave after telling students... 31
- Lightning damages Angel Moroni statue... 20
- National conservative group backs... 18
- Are Utahns tiring of Mitt Romney... 18
- Herbert says Sec. Jewell offered... 17
- Are you willing to pay a fee to use... 17
- Hatch steadfast in holding up Supreme... 14