I am writing in response to your story on "Mitt Romney's Mormon Story" (Aug. 20).
I believe that when you stand up for what you believe in you are showing good leadership. If you can't stand up for your religious beliefs, how are you supposed to stand up for a nation?
Having Mitt Romney stand up for himself could potentially hurt his campaign, but hopefully people can look past their disagreements and respect the fact that Romney is having courage to stand up for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Having courage for what you know to be true shows you have what it takes to make a difference in the world.
- My view: History lesson — 'Taking back'...
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America and...
- In our opinion: With caucus compromise, Utah...
- John Florez: Education — Big government...
- Letter: A 'dying' document
- In our opinion: Prison relocation iffy
- Letter: Religious freedom
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to Hitler?
- Letter: Minimum Wage insufficient 67
- Has Obama's foreign policy emboldened... 62
- Jay Evensen: Obama could use a dose of... 60
- Letter: Religious freedom 53
- In our opinion: Boy Scouts of America... 32
- Sen. Ted Cruz opens 2014 CPAC with... 30
- Was Hillary right to compare Putin to... 30
- Senate defeats Obama in Justice nod 21