I am writing in response to your story on "Mitt Romney's Mormon Story" (Aug. 20).
I believe that when you stand up for what you believe in you are showing good leadership. If you can't stand up for your religious beliefs, how are you supposed to stand up for a nation?
Having Mitt Romney stand up for himself could potentially hurt his campaign, but hopefully people can look past their disagreements and respect the fact that Romney is having courage to stand up for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Having courage for what you know to be true shows you have what it takes to make a difference in the world.
- Doug Robinson: Witt latest BYU runner chasing...
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is threatened...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant
- My view: Prison relocation study is being...
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of interest...
- Letter: Divorce risks
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible for...
- Hinkins & King: No losers in Utah’s...
- Letter: Marijuana, an evil plant 54
- David Jensen: Humans are responsible... 42
- Jay Evensen: Utah's prosperity is... 27
- My view: Prison relocation study is... 23
- Letter: Keep fighting drugs 21
- Michael Gerson: Religious... 19
- My view: Higher ed students can better... 18
- Richard Davis: Another conflict of... 18