I am writing in response to your story on "Mitt Romney's Mormon Story" (Aug. 20).
I believe that when you stand up for what you believe in you are showing good leadership. If you can't stand up for your religious beliefs, how are you supposed to stand up for a nation?
Having Mitt Romney stand up for himself could potentially hurt his campaign, but hopefully people can look past their disagreements and respect the fact that Romney is having courage to stand up for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Having courage for what you know to be true shows you have what it takes to make a difference in the world.
- Facts about the Boy Scouts of America
- My view: MMR vaccine caused my son's autism
- White House press corps has been turned into...
- Commentary claims liberals are shocked by...
- Michael Gerson: Common Core standards are not...
- George F. Will: Obama takes a page from...
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an assault on...
- Letters: No welfare, ever
- Letters: No welfare, ever 78
- Letters: Move to the center 37
- Tolerance and the same-sex marriage debate 34
- My view: Why moderates lost the caucus... 33
- Dan Liljenquist: IRS scandal is an... 32
- Richard Davis: Abortion laws should... 29
- Letters: Dismantle IRS 25
- Robert J. Samuelson: Can Americans stem... 21