I am writing in response to your story on "Mitt Romney's Mormon Story" (Aug. 20).
I believe that when you stand up for what you believe in you are showing good leadership. If you can't stand up for your religious beliefs, how are you supposed to stand up for a nation?
Having Mitt Romney stand up for himself could potentially hurt his campaign, but hopefully people can look past their disagreements and respect the fact that Romney is having courage to stand up for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Having courage for what you know to be true shows you have what it takes to make a difference in the world.
- My view: Utah, where do you stand on... 96
- Letter: Bush dilemma 2.0 42
- W. Bradford Wilcox: The new progressive... 42
- George F. Will: Obama needs Congress to... 27
- In our opinion: How committed are... 26
- Can you pass the U.S. citizenship test? 24
- In our opinion: Don't 'Army-ize' local... 24
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: Are... 21