I am writing in response to your story on "Mitt Romney's Mormon Story" (Aug. 20).
I believe that when you stand up for what you believe in you are showing good leadership. If you can't stand up for your religious beliefs, how are you supposed to stand up for a nation?
Having Mitt Romney stand up for himself could potentially hurt his campaign, but hopefully people can look past their disagreements and respect the fact that Romney is having courage to stand up for The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints. Having courage for what you know to be true shows you have what it takes to make a difference in the world.
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run for...
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage hurts...
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama...
- Catherine Rampell: Reasons behind the bad...
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by focusing on...
- My view: Don't make women optional in marriage
- In our opinion: Let FAA, not Utah...
- Letter: Dance dress code
- My view: Don't make women optional in... 103
- Janna Darnelle: Redefining marriage... 91
- 5 reasons Mitt Romney will probably run... 66
- In our opinion: Religion in public life... 53
- Letter: Lateralist logic 40
- John Hoffmire: Save capitalism by... 40
- In our opinion: Here's how the Obama... 40
- Drew Clark: Either view of marriage... 35