Eric Risberg, Associated Press
I enjoyed the article on urban bees. As a bit of a scientist myself, I agree that too often laws are based off of fear due to incomplete information rather than hard science. This extends to subjects such as food irradiation, but I will stick to bees.
One may find it odd that although I was attacked by a swarm when I was very young, I never really had a fear of bees and have just found them fascinating. I feel urban bees will help the green space in the cites and especially aid those who have fruit trees and gardens. And remember, folks, if you ever find bees making a hive in the walls of your home, don't call the exterminator. Call your neighborhood beekeeper. They will be happy to remove the bees and literally find them a good home. With Colony Collapse Disorder, we need as many bees as possible.
- Most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum wage
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before...
- John Hoffmire: Fighting increasing health...
- The most popular letters to the editor of 2013
- In our opinion: Aging without a family
- Frank Pignanelli & LaVarr Webb: What's to be...
- Doug Robinson: The era of 'I'm sorry'
- In our opinion: Don't raise the minimum... 60
- Letter: Doctors unite 39
- Letter: Elected representatives 36
- Robert Bennett: Create wealth before... 32
- Andrew Morriss: No, Congress should not... 25
- George F. Will: Why Iran should be... 20
- Letter: No limits 20
- Michael E. Kraft: Yes, Congress should... 18