Khan said last week that MJD's absence "doesn't even move the needle" in terms of stress. On Tuesday, Khan said, "This is not a team about one person." His message to Jones-Drew: "train's leaving the station. Run, get on it."
Bakari says those statements don't sit well with MJD.
"Obviously, he's not happy that what started as a very cordial and private conversation is now public and contentious," Bakari says.
ROOKIE TO START AT QB FOR SEAHAWKS: Rookie Russell Wilson will get the start at quarterback for the Seattle Seahawks when they travel to Kansas City for their third preseason game.
Seahawks coach Pete Carroll made the announcement Tuesday following practice. He did not indicate how much Wilson will play, but he will get time with the No. 1 offense after playing the entire second half in each of Seattle's first two preseason games.
Wilson has impressed during those two halves. He's completed 22 of 33 passes for 279 yards, three touchdowns and one interception. Wilson has also run for 92 yards and a touchdown.
Matt Flynn, who started the first two preseason games, will back up Wilson against the Chiefs.
PETERSON LIKELY TO SIT PRESEASON: The Minnesota Vikings have a better idea about how to prepare Adrian Peterson and his surgically repaired left knee for the season.
Their plan is to simply load him up with a variety of work in practice over the next two weeks, rather than put him in an exhibition game for a couple of carries. Coach Leslie Frazier confirmed Tuesday his change of mind about Peterson's preseason action. Frazier originally said he wanted Peterson to experience some contact in a game setting before the regular season begins.
The most notable development might be Peterson's reaction.
Frazier says, for the first time since they began discussing how to reintegrate him into team activities, the star running back didn't argue for more freedom. The coach says Peterson even used the word "patience."
- Former Utah basketball player spreads hope...
- Utah secures commitments from two of Utah...
- Utah's first family of boxing loses one of...
- Local flavor in the NBA (and beyond): Lillard...
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start employing...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football winner...
- High school football: Riverton coach Mike...
- BYU's prolific offense undermined by poor...
- Timpview standout, 2014 Mr. Football... 65
- Tyler Haws vows BYU will turn it around... 41
- San Diego hands BYU its second straight... 37
- Morning links: Utes land a local... 36
- Utah secures commitments from two of... 36
- Dick Harmon: BYU basketball must make... 35
- Guest commentary: Hey, BYU basketball,... 33
- Dick Harmon: BYU hoops should start... 33