Lenny Ignelzi, Associated Press
SAN FRANCISCO — The San Francisco Giants canceled an order for 20,000 Melky Cabrera T-shirts just in time.
Giants spokeswoman Staci Slaughter says the order was stopped just before printing after Cabrera received a 50-game suspension from Major League Baseball last Wednesday following a positive test of testosterone.
The shirts that had featured last month's All-Star game MVP have been replaced by a "Gigantes" version with outfielder Angel Pagan's name on the back, and they will be handed out in a giveaway for a Sept. 8 game against the rival Los Angeles Dodgers.
Earlier Tuesday, baseball Commissioner Bud Selig banned Cabrera associate Juan Nunez — a consultant to the outfielder's agents — from all team clubhouses.
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional game with...
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to go’
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes off,...
- Utah State set to hire assistant Tim Duryea...
- Brad Rock: The unforgettable Hot Rod Hundley
- Photo gallery: BYU rugby blanks Utah State in...
- 5 things you may have missed at BYU...
- Dick Harmon: Nomadic hoops coach Tony Ingle...
- A not-so-Sweet 16 for the Runnin' Utes... 121
- Former Jazz big man Enes Kanter goes... 38
- Brad Rock: Utes shouldn't feel bad, in... 34
- Utes went down swinging in Sweet 16... 33
- BYU defense has ‘a long ways to... 25
- Dick Harmon: BYU's spring football... 23
- Jazz knock off Thunder in emotional... 21
- AP All-Americans: Utah's Wright named... 20