Lenny Ignelzi, Associated Press
SAN FRANCISCO — The San Francisco Giants canceled an order for 20,000 Melky Cabrera T-shirts just in time.
Giants spokeswoman Staci Slaughter says the order was stopped just before printing after Cabrera received a 50-game suspension from Major League Baseball last Wednesday following a positive test of testosterone.
The shirts that had featured last month's All-Star game MVP have been replaced by a "Gigantes" version with outfielder Angel Pagan's name on the back, and they will be handed out in a giveaway for a Sept. 8 game against the rival Los Angeles Dodgers.
Earlier Tuesday, baseball Commissioner Bud Selig banned Cabrera associate Juan Nunez — a consultant to the outfielder's agents — from all team clubhouses.
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve...
- Friday night lights central, playoffs...
- Dick Harmon: Christian Stewart's progress...
- High school football: Friday's playoff roundup
- High school football: State tournament pairings
- Langi making an impact at linebacker for BYU
- Felt's Facts, playoff edition: Newcomers,...
- Utes carry momentum into showdown with the...
- Misery loves company: BYU football No.... 60
- Utes lose Dres Anderson to a knee injury 56
- High school football: State tournament... 55
- Peavler: Is Bronco Mendenhall the Steve... 51
- BYU coach Bronco Mendenhall gives... 46
- Poppinga has endured dark times before,... 42
- Red and Blue Recruits: Examining the... 35
- BYU men, women both picked to finish... 32