Lenny Ignelzi, Associated Press
SAN FRANCISCO — The San Francisco Giants canceled an order for 20,000 Melky Cabrera T-shirts just in time.
Giants spokeswoman Staci Slaughter says the order was stopped just before printing after Cabrera received a 50-game suspension from Major League Baseball last Wednesday following a positive test of testosterone.
The shirts that had featured last month's All-Star game MVP have been replaced by a "Gigantes" version with outfielder Angel Pagan's name on the back, and they will be handed out in a giveaway for a Sept. 8 game against the rival Los Angeles Dodgers.
Earlier Tuesday, baseball Commissioner Bud Selig banned Cabrera associate Juan Nunez — a consultant to the outfielder's agents — from all team clubhouses.
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working to be...
- BYU football fall practice position preview:...
- Mendenhall comfortable with BYU's quarterback...
- Recruiting central: Top 25 prep football...
- Fall camp position previews: BYU, Utah and...
- An early look at the preseason Heisman hopefuls
- High school football: Louis Wong, Tony...
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face
- Brad Rock: BYU, Utah — married... 104
- Utah quarterback Travis Wilson cited... 97
- 'It all came together': 30 years later,... 94
- Back for an encore: Taysom Hill working... 49
- Playoffs ‘almost... 36
- Former Ute Zane Beadles donates... 27
- Rock On: Kyle Whittingham's happy face 25
- BYU cornerback Jordan Johnson has... 24